• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distribute Spacing - Illustrator first launch bug

Participant ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first launch Illustrator every time I use it, the Distribute Spacing increment box has a weird bug that prevents it from working properly until I do a work around.  The work around is to select two objects and move them together in any way (with mouse or arrow keys).

As you can see from screen shots, the correctly functioning version is when the increment box has "0 in" and the way Illustrator ALWAYS has it when I first open it every morning is "0".  And if you try to use it when it just has the "0" in it, it does not actually distribute the distance you input into that box...until you do the work around and it goes back to "0 in".

I am currently on version 25.4.1, but this has been going on for since at least version 24 that I can remember, just haven't had time to report this issue.

Seems like a bug Adobe could fix! 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Can you update to 26.1 and let us know if that fixes it for you too?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Finally got the CAD tools and updaed to 26.1 and it appears to be working!  Thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm that it is not just you... yes, this is an issue I and others have encountered (here's another discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/cannot-distribute-evenly-by-set-distance-with...).

Hopefully Adobe is working on a fix.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I just tried it in 26.1 and it worked on first launch. Maybe the bug has been fixed?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you update to 26.1 and let us know if that fixes it for you too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am waiting for my Company to update our CAD tools plug-in before I update (as I will not be able to use them if we don't first), but after, I will give it a try.

To be clear though...this has been going on for around 2 years through multiple versions.  Hopefully it was addressed in 26!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got the CAD tools and updaed to 26.1 and it appears to be working!  Thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that's good to hear a confirmation that it's working for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines