• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document contains incompatible objects

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• My illustrator won't open a cloud file and I can't download it. The message comes up saying this cloud document contains objects that are not compatible with the current illustrator version. 
    Does anyone know how to access this type of document ?? Really need help it's got important uni work on 😞
TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error comes up when the file was saved in a later version of Illustrator than you're running. Have you tried updating to the latest version of Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried updating it and it didn't work, so I need to try opening it on older versions of illustrator ?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator created it, and what version of Illustrator do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created it on illustrator 2022 or 2021, but the thing is it shouldn't be a problem because I few weeks ago I open this document on illustrator 2022 and was fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made it on illustrator 2021, tried and failed to

open it on illustrator 2020/2021/2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a beta or prerelease version to create the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't, I've used the same illustrator to make it what do I do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried sharing it multiple times and it didn't work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini can you perhaps help with this document issue? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Louis22388245quuk,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. As everyone said above, this generally happens when files contain some objects/ elements which have some properties/effects applied to them which are not compatible with an older version of Illustrator.

I would request you to upload this file to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox/ Google drive or any similar service and share the download link here with us or via DM. We will check it on our end.

Looking forward to the file.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's the thing it won't let me share, download, or upload it to google drive. Its only on the creative cloud as a cloud file, I can preview it and thats it. Ill try share it but ive tried before and it doesnt work
DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try WeTransfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me, @Louis22388245quuk. If it is saved on Creative Cloud, then go to the assets website under synced files. You may click on three dots and click on "Get Link."

Anshul_Saini_0-1648745625699.png
Ensure that "Allow Save to Creative Cloud" is toggled on, then click on the "Copy Link" button and share the link here or via DM.

Anshul_Saini_1-1648745658683.png

If the file is saved as a Cloud document, then go to the assets website under the Cloud Document section then, click on three dots and click on share.

Anshul_Saini_2-1648745947182.png

Then click on the gear icon.

Anshul_Saini_3-1648746005001.png

Ensure "Save a copy" & "Anyone with the link can view" are toggled on. Then copy the link and paste it here. 

Anshul_Saini_4-1648746046960.png

Let us know if you are able to get the shared link or not.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louis,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have logged a bug with the team, and they are investigating it. I will reach out to you if we require more info or if I get an update for the team.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here! Can I get help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gosia Åšmigielska,

We are sorry for the trouble. I have logged a bug, and the product team is investigating the issue. Would you mind sharing the file with us (steps are shared above)?

Also, please confirm in which version of Illustrator this file was created and which tools/ effects you used. It will help with the investigation of the issue.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Was this resolved as I am having the exact same issue!! I have gone back through all the updates, installed and uninstalled all of them and none works with my file. But files that I created on the exact same day are fine?!?! 

Please help! @Anshul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lauren25129676lvhr,

I am sorry to hear about that. Would you mind sharing the file with us? Steps to share the cloud doc are here.

This would really help us with investigating the issue.

Looking forward to the download link to the file.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:VA6C2:03dadb61-52d3-45bb-babf-c912f9882815?view=difile 

Hi Anshul,

I am having the same problem, I am using illustrator version 27.1.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dan27661544bey4,

Thanks for reaching out. This file is opening without any error at my end. I am sharing the Ai file here (change extension from PDF to Ai).

Let us know if the issue persists while opening the file at your end.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having same problem with a file on my Ai cloud saying: 

" this cloud document contains objects that are not compatible with the current illustrator version."

Can I get help please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines