• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Illustrator CC automatically smooth low res images?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed a low res image in Illustrator CC and it appeared to smooth out all the pixels into nice blends.

I placed the same image in Illustrator CS6 and got the true low res result.

Is this a new feature?  Can it be switched off?

And is there any way to export this out without it going back to the low res?

cc_vs_cs6.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

GPU performance applies smoothing to pixel images. i don't know of a way to turn it off without turning off GPU acceleration.

when you export an image, you'll get the pixels you define in terms of the size of the image. the smoothing you see in illustrator is just a visual effect .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU performance applies smoothing to pixel images. i don't know of a way to turn it off without turning off GPU acceleration.

when you export an image, you'll get the pixels you define in terms of the size of the image. the smoothing you see in illustrator is just a visual effect .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On further inspection it would appear that Illustrator CC will apply some sort of blur filter to really low res images when you embed them.

When you unembed them it goes back to being pixelated.

I thought it was document raster effects settings at first or some sort of effect filter, but it seems to be a feature of CC when handling low res images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're right, it is speciifically embedded images. i forgot the distinction because I'm working with embedded images most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resolution settings of your working document may not have been set. Would you check?

Efektler> Belge Raster Etkileri Ayarları

Illustrator'da efektler nasıl uygulanır?

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines