• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging a multi-page PDF file to illustrator

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to drag a Multi-page PDF file from your desktop to the artboard and import the other pages in the PDF document instead of just the 1st page alone?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite get what you want to do. Also:this depends on the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version: Latest.

I drag PDF files from my desktop/finder window on to my artboard as it is alot quicker placing the file - to me.  But when i have a PDF file that has multiple pages and i need to place a page other than the 1st page then is where i have to go to File/Place and search for my file and then place the page i want.

It's more steps and this is why i was wondering if there is a shortcut to placing a different page (like using the SHOW IMPORT OPTIONS) in the Place window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not by dragging, but by Open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - If our OP likes to just 'Drag' the file, he can drag the pdf to the Ai icon, instead of dragging into the document. - then when it opens as Ton shows, he can just hit âŒ˜+A, âŒ˜+C, âŒ˜+`, âŒ˜+V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When choosing Place check Options and specify a single page.

Place options.png

When choosing Open you can specify a range of pages (as links or as editable content).

Open Options.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ton

Thanks for your reply but i already know how to do it that way.   If you see my reply to Monkia you may understand a bit better what i am talking about.

Let me try to explain it a bit better.... I constantly drag and drop my PDF files from the desktop/finder to an open blank artboard page (I do this all the time as it is quicker) I am only asking if there was a way WHILE dragging and dropping a PDF file which has multiple pages to get the option to select which page you would like - as in your first screenshot photo. I wanted to see if anyone knew how to bring up the box - maybe as a shortcut.   

Hope that is a bit clearer for anyone to understand.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is clear what you want, but I don't think it is possible, that's why I mentioned the other ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Open your multy-page PDF the way Ton Frederiks suggested (choose the page you need)
  2. Press OK and close it right away
  3. Drag your multy-page PDF to opened Ai artbord.

Voila. Ai will open exact the PDF-page you was needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines