• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating Oval Changing Sizing

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create an oval badge like this circular one below. But when I duplicate the oval size I want, the sizing of the duplicate oval looks to be a different scale than the orginal? Like the spacing on the sides is different when I want it all to be even. 

I'm sure there is a simple solution for this but for the life of me I cannot find it. Thank you in advance !

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mimievarts,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind trying the suggestions in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3Wc5ifL) and letting us know if they help?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Object > Path > Offset path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mimi,

The first screenshot shows what you get when scaling: the measures are changed proportionately, so the larger is changed more.

To obtain what you wish, you need to use Object>Path>Offset Path, positive when enklarging, negative when diminishing.

Edit: Before my posting this, only the OP from Mimi and the answer from Anubhav appeared. After my posting, the answer from Monika also appeared.

A rather strange thing, occurring now and again.

Edit edit: Mimi, I forgot to mention: it is easier for helpers to help if you post images directly visible using the Insert Photos button at the top of the Reply box (looks like moon over mountains) rather than attaching, the latter requiring opening of the link(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look at Object menu > Path > Offset Path.

Edit: When posting, no answers at all were visible in this thread. Therefore the echo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines