• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DXF Import Scale not working

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing DXFs seems to have broken (or user error). The document would be attached, but DXF is not a supported upload type.  Every time I try to open my test file, it shows up as 10px. It should be 10 inches. Original Size and Scaled by seem to have no effect on the image. Please let me know where I am going wrong. The file is a simple circle with a 1" diameter that has been exported from Fusion360 with the document set at imperial measurements (inches).

Any help would be much appreciated as my workflow has not changed and now all imports are tiny.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Many users have reported this issue. Product team is working to fix this in upcoming release.

I'd request you to upvote & add your comments on this Adobe Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42476125-illustrator-25-1-dxf-files-not-coming-in-to-scal) to stay tuned for updates about this issue.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should say ...with a 10" diameter that... above.

I tried two exporting plugins in Fusion so I think the problem is with the Illustrator Import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export DXF files from Gerber pattern making and have never had a problem importing them into illustrator until today.

This new update must have a "bug" because I am having scale issues as well. As mentioned by Phando above, the scale is incorrect. I too have not changed anything in the peramiters or my work process and I am experancing this tiny effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also what I use it for and started having the same issue today. I was convinced I was doing something wrong in gerber since it can be so finicky and then finally decided to try opening a DXF that worked fine last week and no dice, it opened up super tiny. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai exactement le même problème avec mes fichiers générés sur Gerber accumark, avant la mise à jour tout fonctionnait parfaitement, mais depuis la dernière version, plus moyen d'avoir une echelle normale. Obligée d'utiliser une ancienne version d'illustrator pour importer mes fichiers à l'échelle réelle... C'est la m....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue! DXF files from months ago that I have had no problem opening and scaling are now not scaling. This is a new issue with Illustrator 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I tested this on both Mac and Windows machines and got the same behavior. This is a really unfortunate bug - this is literally the only reason we own Illustrator - the ability to import an acurately dimensioned DXF file from Fusion360 and print it tiled across multiple pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reporting that I have the same issue, regardless of unit scale, DXF files import identically and incorrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK folks. The issue is with the *latest* version of Illustrator only - version 25.1. You can uninstall it and go back to the prior version 25.0.1 and the functionality will be restored. To do that, just do the following:

1. Open Creative Cloud

2. Click on the three dots (...) to the right of Illustrator and select "Uninstall"

3. When it's done uninstalling, click on the three dots again and select "Other Versions" and choose 25.0.1 and install it

4. To make sure Creative Cloud doesn't automatically reinstall 25.1 again, click on your user Icon in the upper right corner and select "Preferences" and then click on Apps on the left and then turn off Auto-Update

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Many users have reported this issue. Product team is working to fix this in upcoming release.

I'd request you to upvote & add your comments on this Adobe Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42476125-illust...) to stay tuned for updates about this issue.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Team,

since updating to Version 25.1 (latest update in Creative Cloud) it´s not possible to open a DXF file generated in a 2D Pattern Program (Assyst). It shows following Error Message: "unkown Error 2067".  As the function is very important for us, please find a solution soon.

Regards Ida Seeliger

Ida-Judith5E2C_0-1611836430604.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue!!!  Never had an issue before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same situation for me now in 2023, I can't open DXF file in illustratror. When I convert dxf to pdf or ai, the pieces don't open in the right scales in illustrator, it's really killing my work flow.

Thank you for anybody that can share any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ps: Im on 27.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines