• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easier way to relink assets

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a huge library of assets on CC Library. 

When I need to replace one asset by another - by clicking on "relink" option, it shows the full list of assets, not sorted by group. The search also doesn't work, when I click on search bar it exits the relink mode.

So I need to manually scroll and find the asset to make the swap.

Is there a way to filter or sort the assets on relink, to show the assets on the same folder at least? It's hard to find the asset in a big library without any of this features.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Thanks for the information. I'd request sharing a feature request in this regard on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice. This forum is monitored by product team and they might consider it for upcoming releases. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd request checking out this Adobe community discussion about relinking your files. Please try following the suggestions here and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tips.

However, I'm not trying to relink any missing asset. I want to replace one asset by another on my library.

For example:

I have an asset that is a red elipse.

On my library, I have a lot of other elipses (green, yellow, purple, etc).

I want to select my red elypse then replace with a green elipse.

To make it, I go to the relink option, so I can choose the green elipse on my library.

The problem is: I have more than 1000 elipses and once I click on relink, I have no way to sort or serach on the library. I need to manually scroll the assets panel until I find my green elipse.

Does it makes sense now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I'd request sharing a feature request in this regard on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice. This forum is monitored by product team and they might consider it for upcoming releases. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi so its 2023 and this is still a thing? We can group our assets in CC libraries fantastic.

However when we goto relink from cc libraries, all the groups go missing ad the assets are just one big long list. This is supremly annoying. All we are asking is keep the groups when relinking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines