• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edges of two objects not lining up after Intersecting

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I intersect two objects in Illustrator the edges are not lined up. Below is a screen print of what I am talking about. The top picture is the two objects after I intersected them and the bottom picture is a zoomed in version to show that the edges are not lined up. The grey object was overlapping the red object so I intersected the two objects. I made a copy of the red object before I intersected and then pasted it in place after the intersect. You can see the grey object is not lining up with the bottom red object after I did the steps above. Do I need to change any settings or is there a better way to trim overlapping objects?

Intersect.png

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Ray Yorkshire!!!

Huge improvement. There is still a very small gap and some minor lineup issues but it looks so much better. And you have to zoom way in to notice it.

You are a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines