Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

editing adobe stock vector icons

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I am struggling to understand how to select and export vector ICON LOGO that I purchased from Adobe Stock library. I can manage to select just individual parts of the ICON, and not the whole thing.

See the screenshot for illustration. Any help would be greatly appreciated. YouTube video addressing the topic would be great.

Screenshot (154).png

Kind regards 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

It does't work. They appear as separate items in the download file.

Update. 

I just find a way to do it. I selected the whole icon, right click - group it, and then drag it to Asset export.

Screenshot (158).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Yes, that's how it works. Also if you hold Alt while dragging multiple (ungrouped) objects to the panel, they will be added as a single asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a marquee selection not working or the usual modifier keys like Shift? It sounds like you may need to read the online help on some basics. Once everything is selected you can then of course simply group the elements and copy & paste them to a new art boards or file for export.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please, give me some links and info - I am a complete AI beginner.

Your help is much appreciated.
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having trouble dragging a marquee around the icon you want, try changing to outline view, and then drag around the icon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a white box behind the whole thing, just delete that, and then drag select over the entire icon you want. (You would think they'd be grouped but they aren't...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete the white background?

When I try to select Icon the whole window is being selected and exported. See the photos

Screenshot (156).pngScreenshot (157).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just want to export them individually, try the Asset Export panel (Window menu). Drag and drop icons to the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does't work. They appear as separate items in the download file.

Update. 

I just find a way to do it. I selected the whole icon, right click - group it, and then drag it to Asset export.

Screenshot (158).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's how it works. Also if you hold Alt while dragging multiple (ungrouped) objects to the panel, they will be added as a single asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just clicked on it, then hit DELete key...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try if this helps you understand the files: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5NQyO2Tsjw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines