• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing text in Adobe Stock Illustrator template

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently purchased an Adobe Stock template for use in Illustrator.  I normally licnese these templates for inspiration.

My most recent template will not allow me to edit text properly (or efficiently).  I ungrouped all objects and viewed outlines to make certain that text was not outlined...which the text is not outlined.  After checking all of those possibilities I am still unable to select the placeholder text and replace it with text that I would like to use.  I have even attempted to simply add my own text box (remove the template text) but the text box I add fills with placeholder text that I can't select and I can only replace text by starting at the end of the sentence and back spacing one letter at a time.

If anyone has any ideas where I may be going wrong, I would be grateful.  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your AI preferences.

I had something similar this week where spaces were not being registered and I couldn't select to fix.

You can reset using Preferences/General and clicking the button.

Then quit and relaunch AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for the response.  I will give that a try and see what happens.  Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines