• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

El Capitan Beta 2 and Illustrator CC 2015

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2015 ran like a rocket on El Capitan Beta 1. I just installed Beta 2 last night and Illustrator fails to launch with "Missing Required Plugins".

It's not a huge deal as I run Illustrator 2015 on a Yosemite Mac as well, but I was enjoying the fast performance on El Capitan. Anyone have the same issue/fix?

I've done all the usual, uninstall/install etc.

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 10.22.45 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Yeah,

EL Capitan DP3 solves the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wayne,

I would like to have a look into this issue. Will it be possible for you to join a connect session so that I can look into it ?

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, please join: Adobe Connect Login

~Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share screen dropped out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The same problem here. Any News about that Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue, too. Reverted to Beta 1 and that resolved it. Tried reinstalling Beta 2 and issue came back — so it's definitely something with the Beta 2. Finally, reinstalled 10.10 on the machine, and have not had any issues with Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is some news. rbhunwal (Staff)  did a screen share with me and we uninstalled and re-installed. The same problem manifested. He's a really pleasant and helpful guy but didn't have an immediate fix. He then told me that he will get back to me shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem her also....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 here. Uninstalled and reinstalled. This is just a test machine, so will go back to Yosemite when Illustrator is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth pointing out that you can remove AI CC2015 and install CC 2014 in the meantime.  FOr times when you're in the preview and need to get your vector on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with AI CC 2015, However Illustrator CC 2014 works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in to say I'm getting the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding myself to the list of +1s.

Tried uninstall/reinstall, no dice. Guess I'll try to install 2014. I did have a "vector emergency" though... ended up using Sketch. Been meaning to try it for some web stuff, but can't get used to it after using Illustrator for 20 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it kind of goes without saying, but again, if anybody discovers a workaround / fix, please post here so we are alerted to that.

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect it'll be fixed in an update, as the Adobe folks know about it. Meanwhile I reinstalled Illustrator 2014, keeping 2015 on standby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2014 works, so that's your workaround for now.

Now, to get them to fix Save For Web... in Photoshop 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Thanks! Sounds like the other alternative (not as easy) would be to go back to Beta 1 or Yosemite.

For anyone that is interested, QuickBooks is a crash-and-burn with El Capitan as well. For Beta 1 and 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with El Cap Beta 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Illustrator crashing with El Capitan Beta 2. I got the same error message down to the exact plugin list. I will be sending feedback to Apple as well. I haven't checked all the CC apps, but Photoshop still works. I also tried to run the diagnostic for Illustrator and it was unable to find a resolution. I'll be keeping an eye on this forum for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of the Illustrator issue. I'm guessing there'll be a fix in their next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, but it for me it occurred at some time after updating to El Capitan Beta 2. At upgrade of Mac OS X beta 2 an error occurred at installing update for recovery partition. I let the update to continue and I have the beta 2 version of OS as working OS and beta 1 as OS recovery version. But today i had to restart my computer and successful finished the update on recovery partition.. and from that moment Illustrator stopped working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with El Cap beta 2. Worked fine in Beta 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've installed Illustrator CC 2015 on two computer now.  My laptop which was at 10.11 b1 when I installed the 2015 Suite.  Everything went well and everything works. my Mac Mini had the update to b2 installed when I installed illustrator and got the missing plugins warning.

Laptop was updated to b2 AFTER illustrator was installed and no problems , so it seems that if you install the creative suite BEFORE upgrading to b2 everything will work, its just when you do a fresh install after b2 thats the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines