• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

El Capitan Beta 2 and Illustrator CC 2015

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2015 ran like a rocket on El Capitan Beta 1. I just installed Beta 2 last night and Illustrator fails to launch with "Missing Required Plugins".

It's not a huge deal as I run Illustrator 2015 on a Yosemite Mac as well, but I was enjoying the fast performance on El Capitan. Anyone have the same issue/fix?

I've done all the usual, uninstall/install etc.

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 10.22.45 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Yeah,

EL Capitan DP3 solves the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May have solved that issue, but now I'm unable to use Vector Magic which crashes consistently under El Capitan. I prefer VM's tracing features to Ily's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.11 Beta 5 which was released today seems to have broken things again, my install of Illustrator 2015 which had previously been rock solid now is showing that the required plugins are missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

badfairygraphics

Can you please let us know what is the AI CC version you are using ? Have you tried it with 19.1 ?

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with DP5 and Creative Cloud.  The creative cloud won't launch.  Just shows spinning gear.  Won't let me sync fonts or upgrade apps etc. AI, PS, DW 2015 seem to be working sort of, but I have not fonts in Illustrator.  All my documents are hosed with substituted fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back young man! EC started costing me time/money so I stepped back in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that I was still running Illustrator 19.0.0 so I triggered the update and everything works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got tired of sending feedback reports to Apple; clearly they’re copying Microsoft’s policy of having the public do all of their work for them. Just reverted back to Yosemite. Too many issues with my apps while running EC for over a week. Couldn’t afford to use it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peterpica schrieb:

having the public do all of their work for them.

That's the whole point behind a Public Beta. Beta means it's not the final product and all kinds of bad things might happen.

Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's true, about a public beta and ironing out issues, then how come Apple's never fixed their Mail sounds issue going back to 2009. I'd say that 7 years is enough time, even if they had to rewrite the code completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peterpica schrieb:

If that's true, about a public beta

If you don't trust me:

Apple Beta Software Program

You also might want to ask them why they didn't fix whatever you reported as a bug. I suppose there's a forum as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a search on the Mail sound issue and it's never been resolved, going back to 2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called a Public "BETA" for a reason.

If you're running it on a production unit that cannot be out of commission, then you get what you deserve. The documentation for the Public Beta even says not to install on mission critical systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? I wonder how many beta users read those disclaimers.

I think a more appropriate label might be attached to the downloader link such as “BUYER BEWARE”

That would cause 2nd thoughts I’m sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, you get what you deserve when you run a beta "i.e. NOT FINISHED" product on a mission critical device and don't read the warning documentation before you jump.

I am running El Capitan beta on my MacBook Pro but I am not on my other Mac because if something goes haywire, I cannot have my machines 100% out of commission. If you're running one machine and you rely on that machine for income, you should probably hold off until that new shiny becomes official and established that your tools will work.

I remember the graphics industry being EXTREMELY cautious about new OS releases back in the early 2000's. Hell 90% of the graphics agencies I worked with ran Mac OS 9.2.2 well beyond the initial release of OS X. The first time I ran into an OS X running agency was around OS X 10.2, a full year after the first official release of OS X.

I blame companies like Google for desensitizing the world to the word Beta. They labeled many of their publicly available services like Gmail as beta for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Illustrator CC (2015) with full functions on Beta 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator in El Capitan beta 5 works perfectly for me. I'm using Illustrator CC 9.1.

Now if Intuit could just get Apple's attention as Adobe does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud app seems to be back in operation now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud working, but still no fonts in illustrator with EC DP5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI for El Cap b5 users, if you run the recent Illustrator CC 2015 update to 19.1.0 it seems to be working as expected. It wasn't working in b5 before that, but after the update it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EL Capitan DP3 did not solve the problem here. In fact, it appears after DP3 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this issue has been fixed with AI 19.1 update.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Everything seems to be working fine now.  My fonts are back...

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here -- error message after crash is missing "curve fitting suite"

can't find the required plug-in anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey!

I've been running into a lot of issues using illustrator and el capitan... apparently it's because el capitan doesn't allow java 6 to run... which is needed for adobe products. I found this youtube video that tells you how to fix it. I have not had a chance to try it out because I just found it moments ago, but I thought I'd pass on the info! Good luck to you

Java SE 6 El Capitan - CS6 Not working on El Capitan - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines