• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

El Capitan update seems to have broken my right click just in Illustrator.... Any help would be appreciated

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts?

I was working in .ai all day then decided (probably incorrectly) to update to El Capitan.  Upon restart the issue started.

All other Apps work fine, Photoshop right click for instance.  I have shutdown/restarted/zapped user prefs/updated Illustrator....

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the new improved fix...  it is more elegant than my automator hack for people to set up.    Hopefully, Adobe will squash that bug properly in the next patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everybody!

i have the same problem with the right click.. i tried the solution with the automator and, by the true, i can see the files move to trash, but the problem is still right there.. any idea to resolve this? i would probably make a mistake?

thank you for helping

(i'm italian, i tried )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS MADDENING!  same problem everyone on here has except it is with Premiere Pro cc.  Which I can not seem to find any forum discussions about, nor can I locate a preference folder with that same name "WSMgrCfg" for Premiere.  Anybody have a fix for this with premier?  Or a work around....anything...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no Premire Pro user.. 

The key to setting WSMgrCfg to Read only is Illustrator starts out working, then upon Quitting Illustrator, it writes a buggy file in that folder. 

Not sure why it does it only with Dual Screens and the 2nd screen the Left.  Darn Left Handers conspriacy.

If I knew, Adobe should hire me.  Or just send money.

If I were guessing, poking and hoping  and Premire Pro Works when you first install it.

ReInstall..

Set the ~Library/Preferences/Adobe/Premire Pro/9.0  to Read Only

and see what happens.  Easy to Unlock it if it crashes.

Thank does not work, Only 6 things in my folder for that program. try read only on all of them individually.

If your using a 2nd monitor. and that does not work..  Try moving the monitor arrangement so the 2nd screen is ABOVE your main screen.. still to the Left.  I'll assume being to the Left is the kink in the program. 

I tried this with the Illustrator, right click worked, but my Line Stroke Popup STOPPED working !! UGGGG.

A bit funky to go UP and to the Left for that screen, but Funky is better than Fuxxed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all who have worked on resolving this and have experience with other issues similar to this:  .  Do you have a sense of how Adobe is going to handle this?  How long does it take for Adobe to update?  I've received a job that will take a few months. The work is in Photoshop and I am putting  my personal  Illustrator projects on hold.    Would waiting a couple of months for Adobe to fix be helpful?  I used to do all types of  crazy tweaking in PC, but I finally got tired of doing that....the reason I switched to Apple. I am uncomfortable working on files that are in the "hidden" part of the computer, especially if I can afford to wait a few months for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't wait for Adobe.  they have updated Lightroom 3 times since El Captian.  Photoshop and one other programs also.

It is Very easy to fix the Right click not working with a 2nd monitor to the left.

Quit Illustrator, empty the WSMgrCfg folder in your user preferences, then set the folder to Read Only.  No need to run a script..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great idea...

I just changed that folder to Read only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and cannot find any folder called WSMgrCfg. I don't even have an adobe folder in my preferences library, both system and hard drive. This is amazingly annoying. Please tell me where I can find this folder or file WSMgrCfg so I can fix this! I've done a spotlight and find search. Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Library folder on the Root level of your hard drive. That is NOT the right library.

There is a  Library in the User area.

If you just try brute force to look at your user root folder, it will NOT show up.

Only and simplest way is the GO Menu with the Option Key held down.

Go to your finder... Hold down the Option Key and click the finder menu GO, and Library will show up.

If you don't hold down the Option Key, it will remain Hidden.

then you should be off and hunting for Preferences, then Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings, then en_US, then you should see the WSMgrCfg folder.

Quit Illustrator,  Empty the WSMgrCfg folder, then Command/Apple I, Get Info in the File Menu.

Unlock/ change all to Read Only.. lock  and your done.

and a Spotlight Search will not find the file either..  It's suppose to be Hidden.  Probably a good thing as all sorts of goofy results would show for normal searches.

I remember the day when search had tabs under the search field and you could easily select stuff.. names, contents...   wouldn't it be wonderful to simple click and tweak a search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you! It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engraver and all:  Mine works. Just switched the monitor.  I noticed on some of the entries, that this is an issue when the monitor is on one side. I just switched (have a MacBook Pro and a very old Apple HD Cinema something)  and the right mouse works!!!  Luckily I have a large work table and have room to move the laptop.  I don't care which side the laptop is on as I just use it to have internet open, or reference material.  It works fine!!!  What a very weird and peculiar problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of the office until 30/11/2015.

He may respond to your message when he returns.

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Illustrator] El

Capitan update seems to have broken my right click just in Illustrator....

Any help would be appreciated" sent on 27.11.2015 22:56:19.

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Larry G. Schneider for pointing me this direction. I tested it several times and the script works perfectly. It's a great automated/temporary workaround while we wait for an oficial fix  El Capitan update seems to have broken my right click just in Illustrator.... Any help would be appr...

Great job guys and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Illustrator, empty the WSMgrCfg folder in preferences, the set the folder to Read Only.  No need to run a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaargh!!!!  I too am having the "right mouse button doesn't work" problem.  So so critical for work in Illustrator.  Have spent most of the weekend updating all my passwords, shortcuts, etc. not only because I have updated to El Capitan, but I also had a variety of hardware issues done at the Apple store (new video card, battery etc.)  Actually, Apple seems to have given me a new computer, so many of the applications are now in default mode. I've had to download not only Adobe 2015 but also Astute Graphics, Nik plug-ins etc.  I was very puzzled to find my mouse working everywhere except Illustrator and then finding out  I have to de another "work-around" for the mouse....due to monitor issue?????  What the heck????

Anyway, work is backing up, so will take a break, read all the entries in this forum, try to figure how to solve this.  However, I want to post my problems, so that Adobe can get to work on this issue.

Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving all of you who are posting, and all of you who have found a solution to this problem,  Not fun to stop work and find a solution!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What about CS6?

Thx

T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!!!  That was one of the quirkiest problems I've ever encountered.  I spoke with several family members who are in the IT field.  They too thought it was funky.  Plus given the percent of the population that uses Illustrator (I know I am the only one in my entire extended family), I'm glad our voices were heard.  Happy Holidays!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good... for the people who used the workarounds in this thread, you will want to undo them with this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to the latest Illustrator and CC, I still have this issue. The version mentioned by Adobe employee AshutoshChaturvedi either does not fix this issue, or there is a regression in later versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having this issue too and its maddening!!! some one help!! Im running OSX El Captain and I have Illustrator CC (2015.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines