Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ellipses missing in Illustrator Document

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am a fairly new user to Illustrator and I am trying to figure out how some of my objects in my Illustrator document have disappeared.  I have a document with several artboards and layers.  The artboards have many small ellipses that I have copied and pasted across all artboards.  Suddenly the small ellipses I have created have all disappeared while all the other elements in the artboards and layers have stayed intact.  I have tried to see if the ellipses were hidden Object > Show All (but nothing is hidden), if any of my layers were turned off  - all eye icons are displayed for all layers and sublayers, and if the ellipses were hiding behind any images by Arrange > Send to Back or Arrange > Bring to Front..nothing. Is there anything else I can check to see why these objects are not displayed? I also think this happened at the same time I saved my document to Creative Cloud.  Has anyone else had a problem with losing data/objects in a document when saved to the cloud? Thank you for your help!    

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

If you saved it as a cloud file, there should be a history. Try to find an older version that still has them, save as and copy them into your current version. 

But first check Outline Preview (Cmd or Ctrl Y)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the ellipses possibly recognisable with Menu: Ouline view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. They are not showing up in Outline View. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you saved it as a cloud file, there should be a history. Try to find an older version that still has them, save as and copy them into your current version. 

But first check Outline Preview (Cmd or Ctrl Y)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines