• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Envelop flaw

Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that I'm probably the millionth person to point to this flaw, going all the way back to when Adobe first added envelope tools to Illustrator.  Curiously, I never bothered to complain about it over all these years until now. What sparked my complaint now?  It was probably just me laughing at myself for how I've gotten around this problem.  I keep a copy of Coreldraw demo. I make envelopes in Coreldraw which are are accurate.  I screen capture the result, run it through a high quality vector tracing software (Illustrator's vector tracing is good sometimes but not when going for perfection), then import that result back into Illustrator for further work.  I find it kind of funny but also kind of ridiculous.  Why hasn't Adobe fixed this flaw after all these years?  I wonder if its really just asking too much for Adobe to finally tweak this thing so that it makes envelopes that aren't warped?  Photoshop by the way has the exact same flaw.  

envelope flaw.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a clever, but excruciating, workaround. I hope that Adobe will address this issue. 

You can sent feature requests at https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

In the meantime, you might have a little easier time using Distort with Top Object. It still takes a little fidling but isn't quite as many steps.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I definitely have tried that as well.  It has the same flaws.  It requires a lot of fiddling and if you want to make an adjustment, it requires a lot more fiddling.  If I were still using a Mac, I would go back to this old program that we used to use called Typestyler.  The company I used to work for used it for the singular purpose of doing these types of envelopes. Its still around, but still Mac only.  Oh well, back to work.

TOP OBJECT.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THere are tips for creating custom moeshes in my video, and starting at 5:00 you will find the workaround

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXMHWDRcv_g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines