• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

erase part of a line

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a svg file to create a cutout of a flower and a frame.  I want the flower to be part of the frame so they are one piece.

I've never used AI before and I don't know how to do it.  The two images are examples of what it is and what I'm trying to do.

These exampes were created in Photoshop to create the examples, which doesn't provide the resulution for a laser cutter.

This is a one time project and I'm spending a lot of time on it.  I'm willing to pay a small commision to have someone do it for me.

Sample after.jpgSample before.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Hi there, unfortunately this isn't a job board but to be honest it isn't to dificult to do so shouldn't take you long.

Assuming you have you flower shape created all you need to do is draw your boarder line and bring to the front (Ctrl+]), then select the cut tool (c) making sure you have smart guides on, and when you hover over the intersections click and cut the line. Repeat this for all and when ready you can start to delete the bits you don't need and then join the lines together. I will p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, unfortunately this isn't a job board but to be honest it isn't to dificult to do so shouldn't take you long.

Assuming you have you flower shape created all you need to do is draw your boarder line and bring to the front (Ctrl+]), then select the cut tool (c) making sure you have smart guides on, and when you hover over the intersections click and cut the line. Repeat this for all and when ready you can start to delete the bits you don't need and then join the lines together. I will post a quick video for you shortly.

End result:

Screenshot 2022-07-15 201502.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the video, i hope you can follow what I'm doing.

https://www.loom.com/share/9836ec4df4054a44b48fc70096168cfc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry forgot to say to join the lines together you can use Ctrl+J or via the Object>Path>Join option.

Screenshot 2022-07-15 202212.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines