Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error -54 can't open permissions

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone

I have an issue where if I try to access a file on a server I get the error -54 saying I do not have permissions or someone is on the file. No one has worked on the file just me. when this error happens I have my colleague check it and he can open the same file no issue and when he opens it up I can finally access the file again. If anyone can help that would be great cause this causig such a heaache and slowingmy work down.  this is happening in Illustrator. 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try moving the file to your local hard drive and working from there.

From Illustrator support for networks and removable media:

Note: Problems using Illustrator files across a network or from removable media can be intermittent or delayed.

Adobe Technical Support only supports using Illustrator on a local hard disk. It's difficult to re-create or accurately identify network- and peripheral-configuration problems.

Illustrator supports working across networks and from removable media and is vigorously tested across multiple network configurations. However, not all existing network configurations which include different software, hardware, settings, and access rights have been tested. Therefore, your network or network configuration can cause errors, crashes, or unexpected behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines