• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading plugins/ Missing Plugins while launching Illustrator on Windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've updated to  version 24.12 of CC Illustrator and am receiving a plugin error message (pictured below) when I launch the app. When I click OK and enter the app, my tool menu is missing. If someone can assist me in addressing this issue it would be appreciate. Thanks!

SarahWoren1980_0-1590090304027.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Hi All,

This has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

If you need help following these steps, please take look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24-1-2/m-p/11153043#M178050)

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 147 Replies 147
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator crashes after launching, It shows the error message "Error loading plugins...List of .aip files"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot.

WHich version and system is it?

Is this a fresh install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sujith,

This has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes. If you need help following these steps, please take look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24...).

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2010 Nov 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any one!

When I try to launch illustrator I get an error saying it is missing plugins PDF  Format.aip.

I am unable to get the program loaded it stops loading altogether.  I have tried reinstalling the program as well no luck.

I am on  a PC with Windows XP needed to replace hard drive and do a new reinstall of Adobe CS4.

Everything is updated and installed fine.  Photoshop and others work fine   Just Illustrator.

Did search on the net not much help there can any help here!

I can not even find a plug in called PDFFormat.aip!!

Why would Illustrator need a PDF plugin?

Any suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2010 Nov 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in the packages under required and in the plug ins folder.

On the Mac you can access the packages by control clicking the application's icon and going to show packages, You can try rgiht clicking on the PC or look in the properties panel and see if it is there.

I originally was going to suggest you repair the permission for the Application.

Other wise you will have to use the clean up script to uninstall and try again.

Here are the packages

Screen shot 2010-11-18 at 1.11.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  I found the plugin, It is there.  I also found 2 others in other folders of the Adobe package as well.

I do not use Fireworks much but it is having a loading problem as well.  I am not getting the same error it just states an internal error and stops.

I have looked at both of the crash reports and the both end with the same file name were I believe the problem maybe.  psapi.dll

<binaryImage start="0x76bf0000" end="0x76bfb000" type="__TEXT" path="C:&#92;WINDOWS&#92;system32&#92;psapi.dll"/>

I came acrosss a comment in another posting about a similar issues  and was wondering if this is true

"machine="Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz"

Based on that - no, there's no workaround. You are working on an old processor that is no longer officially supported with CS4."

If so then I need to just stop trying to fix this, this is the same process i habe on my machine as well.

Please, this program was working on this system for the last year or so with no problems so

it should not be the processor not being able to handle this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might just be a permissions problem you have to manually fix it on the windows platform but it should read on all the directories dow to the file itself

like such

Screen shot 2010-11-18 at 4.10.19 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-11-18 at 4.11.02 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-11-18 at 4.11.34 PM.png

that is where it says Sharing and Permissions you can on the PC find it in the properties panel I believe. On the mac control or right click on the applications icon, folder and file to get info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this

1. Quit Illustrator.
2. Rename the AIPrefs file (for example, to AIPrefs.old) in the Users/(user)/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CS4 Settings folder.
3. Start Illustrator. Illustrator creates a new preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user says they are using a Windows PC ... don't think they are looking for information relating to a Mac.

I am finding it so frustrating trying to resolve issues with apps on the forum / community due to unresolved issues - don't mean to take my frustrations out on others but think Adobe need to do something about fully responding to people with problems as opposed to letting others trying to help but failing in their abilities / knowledge / teachings.

Not your fault but something should be done to help users more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mark+Gillan  schrieb

The user says they are using a Windows PC ... don't think they are looking for information relating to a Mac.

I am finding it so frustrating trying to resolve issues with apps on the forum / community due to unresolved issues - don't mean to take my frustrations out on others but think Adobe need to do something about fully responding to people with problems as opposed to letting others trying to help but failing in their abilities / knowledge / teachings.

Not your fault but something should be done to help users more.

THis is an old thread.

If you need help on the forum, please create a new thread.

You can contact Customer Care directly: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using CA Associates virus software....if so that may be problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I do not have that program installed thanks though.  I do not have any virus, spyware, security programs installed at this time.  I know that can mess with installation of big software programs.

Thanks again for commenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I figured this out.  I have installed some fonst a while back but I did not unblock the files in each files properties before installed.  I remove the recently installed and yes works great.  Adobe could not figure this one out after two weeks and about 15 hours connected to my computers.  This was on two different machines because I copied the font to both of them.

Now the problem is back.  I know it is fonts but which ones.

I am looking to find out which fonts are required for Windows 7 and Adobe CS4,  maybe a list of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens because of corrupted preferences of the application created on the first launch. Please use the Illustrator Uninstaller to uninstall the software and be sure to check the option to remove all preferences towards the end. Also remove any left behind files of Adobe Illustrator from /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS6 and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is my first time using Illustrator, after a fresh install using the Creative Cloud App, I try to launch the program and it fails to start.

When running the diagnostic tests, Test 1 goes well but in Test 2 I get an error message saying: "Missing required plugins. PDFFormat.aip PDFSuite.aip"

When I click on Attempt to Launch Again, I get the same error message for Diagnostic Test 3, 4 and 5, and then the application never starts.

I can find PDFFormat.aip PDFSuite.aip in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Required\Plug-ins

With read, write and execute permissions for all users.

I've tried to clear the preferences, uninstall, use the CleanerTool and delete all Adobe related files, but then I get the exact same error.

I'm using:

• Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 1809)
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
  • 16GB RAM
  • CC AdobeIllustrator 2020 21.4.3
  • GeForce GTX1050 with the latest Studio Driver 442.92

And this is the beginning of the crash report, I can post the rest if necessary:

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" exceptionCode="0xc0000005" instruction="0x00007FF86808D1E5">

<backtrace crashedThread="0">

<thread index="0">

<stackStatement index="0" address="0x00007FF86808D1E5" symbolname="PDFLibraryRegisterRNG"/>

<stackStatement index="1" address="0x00007FF868094EA9" symbolname="PDFLibraryRegisterRNG"/>

<stackStatement index="2" address="0x00007FF8680959A8" symbolname="PDFLibraryRegisterRNG"/>

<stackStatement index="3" address="0x00007FF8680421D9" symbolname="ASFileSysSetDefaultTempPath"/>

<stackStatement index="4" address="0x00007FF8810E742A" symbolname="main"/>

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you disable your antivirus for the install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't disable it since it's my work computer and I have no control over those settings. Is there something else I can try?

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually the antivirus is the culprit for this kind of errors. You might need to contact your IT department to get the software installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll see what I can do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. As Monika mentioned, it might be related to system security.  As you have already tried reinstalling the application, I would suggest trying these steps and let us know how it goes:

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Starting around June 20 I can no longer load Illustrator.

Instead a popup says "Error loading plugins" and lists about 20 plugins, two of which are "core".

The Illustrator Start page then shows, but clicking any existing or new project causes a crash.

Attempts to resolve:

• Restarted windows
  • Uninstalled / Installed several versions of AI from 23.0.x to 24.2.1 (most current)
  • Stopped antivirus (Avast) and checked for quarantined files (none)
  • Checked the plugins directory. The mentioned missing plugin files are missing.

System

• windows 10 latest update
  • Microsoft surface laptop 2
  • CC installed and a few other Adobe apps which all start properly
  • No other plugins manually installed (was always default install)

Any help appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the steps mentioned in the following link

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Manan!

This worked for me:

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
  2. Right-click Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (2012-2017) and choose Repair.

However I did not have "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (2012-2017)"

I had 2 versions of "2015-2019" and I repaired both, then restarted, and fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't understang why this append to me. i just install the free version and this is what i see when Illustrator star :

After that, Illustrator start but in i have nothing and i can't do anything, look :

i don't even have the "Tool" menu, the workplace, and if I go to "Edition" and "Preferences", nothing append !

Please help me, I have just installed the free version, nothing else, what is this probleme ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines