• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [NOKY]" in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the message I get when I try to scale an object in Illustrator 25.3.1 when I try to scale an object.

Mac OS 11.4.

What is the fix for this? I use Illustrator professionally, and can't afford for it to simply refuse to perform straightforward tasks.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021
I ended up uninstalling and reverting back to 2020 versions and I havent
had problems! Both in photoshop and illustrator!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

I selected the object I was having trouble with and hit the Object: Expand Appearance and it solved the problem. Might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

I figured it out for my project. (Someone suggested it earlier in the discussion.)

I'm using: iMac-M1chip, macOS Monterey 12.3.1/illustrator 26.2.1

>Window>Transform> uncheck 'Scale Strokes & Effects'

Now I can Shift + drag to scale my grouped objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

I found that only *some* objects / layers of illustrator art files were (no other word I can come up with other than "corrupted").  I ended up recreating thoses objects / layers from scratch and the entire art is now scalable with no issues.

FYI: I did not upgrade or downgrade software, just tested until I found the objects that would not scale dues to the noky error.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

My solve was to rasterize the layer I needed to scale, I don't need to edit this art so this work around worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sad. Adobe should be fixing this so that people who want to keep their Illustrator documents as vector art do not need to rasterize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@annb49847561  schrieb:

This is sad. Adobe should be fixing this so that people who want to keep their Illustrator documents as vector art do not need to rasterize.

And you have the same problem?

Did you check out one of the 5 solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines