• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everytime I hit the delete key, a gradient fill occurs in Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a windows 10 computer and everytime, let's say, click on an anchor point and hit the delete key, a griadient fill occues. Does anyone know how to fix this issue or what I am doing wrong?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you perhaps show screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am having the same issue and I am struggling to find a solution! 😞 Did you manage to work it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot? Before and after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here they are. I  have tried reinstalling the program, but the issue still occures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're calling out the Gradient tool at the bottom of the Tools panel. Your shortcut for this tool may have been changed:

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 1.55.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the Last Gradient button at the bottom of the Tools, not the Gradient tool. My error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Monika27108988xhqi,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots & reaching out. Would you mind checking the AI keyboard shortcuts, as suggested by Steve?
If that doesn't help, would you mind resetting the illustrator preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html)?
If that doesn't help, restart your system under safe mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644...) and launch the Illustrator app only to check whether the delete key fills the object with the gradient or not.
If it does, would you mind confirming the Illustrator versions and sharing a screenshot of your system specification along with your keyboard layout, default language & input settings?

We'd be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello! could it be that you're hitting the delete key on the numpad? try using the delete key that sits near the backspace button if so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines