Expand Appearance No Longer Working in Illustrator 2022

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone experiencing Expand or Expand Appearance not working in both 2021 and 2022 version of Illustrator? Mine just stoped working out of the blue for no apparent reason. Can no longer change strokes to shapes, etc. Not a layer locked issue. Have tried multiple different files. Tested simple shapes and strokes. The dialog box will come up, but when you hit OK, it simply does nothing. Installed older version as well to see if it would work and doesn't work in it either. Have not yet trashed preferences but will try that next and a reinstall of 2022.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the appearance panel for that object.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 12.25.23 PM.png

Trying to get my white fille shape with white stroke to turn into a shape. Normally use Expand function but no luck. Reinstall and trashed Illustrator prefs as well. As well have installed couple older versions of Illustartor, and none of them the Expand function will work on this art. No masks in art.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 12.34.19 PM.png

did a test of two seperate shapes. The top pink one Expand function worked. The bottom green one it does not. There must be something going on with the shape I'm missing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found out what it was. My art had to have Compound Path released. FACEPALM.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines