Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export SVG with transparent background

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need advice on how I can create a transparent arboard. I want to export/save files in SVG format (as files quality is better and images do not distort) with a transparnet background (I need a colorless background).

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

You misunderstand. The white area is simply the default canvas of your browser. Without any other graphics or web page content that is just how SVGs will render in a web browser.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

There is no white background in these files:

DougARoberts_0-1668419396270.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By definition the background is "empty"/ transparent, so there is nothing to do. In fact it would be the other way around - you would have to create a specific object if you wanted to have a solid background.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir when we export something it carries a white colored background with it. Is there a way I can get my images without a white coloured background in SVG forrmat? Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share an example AI file that results in an SVG with a white background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Sir, but an error pops up "The file Untitled-11.svg is not one of the supported image types: .jpg,.JPG,.jpeg,.JPEG,.gif,.GIF,.png,.PNG". Therefore, I just took a screenshot to upload aii.jpgand this image is in jpeg format now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a file sharing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no white background in these files:

DougARoberts_0-1668419396270.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My confusion is adressed thankyou sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstand. The white area is simply the default canvas of your browser. Without any other graphics or web page content that is just how SVGs will render in a web browser.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand i now thankyou sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Doug A Roberts As you know, Photoshop allows for transparency on Canvas/Artboards, semantics, you get the gist - Illustrator does not. This is a subtle but important distinction to make.

This permutation in workflow among Adobe's flagship IPs, has always sucked, and continues in '23. 

\(〇_o)/

For you, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really get the gist. If you show the transparency grid, what do you see on artboards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@supermario_ai  schrieb:

@Doug A Roberts As you know, Photoshop allows for transparency on Canvas/Artboards, semantics, 

Illusrator's artboards are transparent by default. There is nothing in them unless you draw something.

So maybe you want to elaborate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines