• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to SVG Messes up Small Text

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export to SVG some small text (0.0332" H) that has been converted to outlines (Type>Create Outline) gets messed up while larger text is unaffected. I've done exports of very small shapes (e.g. circles) and this hasn't been a problem. Is there a SVG export setting I should change?

I'm using Adobe Creative Cloud Illustrator v27.0.1. My SVG export settings are in the screenshot attached.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

The issue with SVG is that it's trying to be as compact as possible. One way it does this is saving vector objects wth a certain level of precision. A Decimal setting of "1" is pretty bad, needless to say, and on very small objects, like your outlined type, this will destroy its fidelity. The higher the decimal number, the higher the precision. Try "4". You could go higher, but it may not be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with SVG is that it's trying to be as compact as possible. One way it does this is saving vector objects wth a certain level of precision. A Decimal setting of "1" is pretty bad, needless to say, and on very small objects, like your outlined type, this will destroy its fidelity. The higher the decimal number, the higher the precision. Try "4". You could go higher, but it may not be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I've never had cause to bump up the decimal setting before now but that certainly resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines