• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting .ai file to .png at larger scale than document size

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a 600x600 px .ai file to .png, but every time I try it's increasing the scale and the .png file is 2500x2500 px. I'm exporting at 300 dpi, type optimized, with a transparent background. If I reduce the dpi to 72, it comes out at the correct scale, but there's clear loss of image quality.

Everything in this file is vector, and I've definitely exported similar files at the same scale (all the same export settings as above) with no issue in the past. 

I'm sure I'm missing something here, and I'll probably be embarassed at how simple the answer is, but I welcome the help!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug. For the time being export it at 72 DPI or simply export it larger and resize in PS or wherever.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate this feedback. I ended up doing as you suggested and resizing in PS. Worked perfectly. Many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known bug. For the time being export it at 72 DPI or simply export it larger and resize in PS or wherever.

Mylenium

By @Mylenium

This isn't a bug, this is simply how AI works. 600 pixels in AI is 8.333 inches; 8.333 inches at 300 PPI is 2500 pixels.

If you want 600 pixels and 300 PPI, create a 2-inch artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think it looks blured, then 600x600 pixels might just not be enough for the design you made. When doing such small designs AND exporting in pixels, then you have to always check the potential outcome in Pixel preview mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Thing is that when I exported at 72 dpi (even when scaling up the document), I would get some other pixels and lines popping in that wasn't part of the original artwork. It was weird. I ended up doing as Phil5DE6 suggested and resized the .png in PS and it came out perfectly. Appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines