• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting files-Artboard Names don't show up anymore

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently export my files as .tiff and .jpgs and I use the "Use Artboards" feature to add the artboard name to the end of my files. Beginning Wednesday 8/5/2022, checking the "use arboards" box no longer adds the artboard name to the end of my files which results in no longer overriding the current file that I need to update & save. Is anyone else having this issue? I know there are small work arounds like-just renaming the file after deleting the old one, but with updating hundreds of files, it gets tedious. I also noticed that the pop-up that asks to override files no longer appears either when exporting files. It showed up on Wednesday, but it didn't override the file name because it didn't put the artboard name on the end of the file name.

Anyone else struggling with this issue?

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Hi @fiestiereel1027,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to inform you this is an intended change in the latest version of Illustrator to accommodate the request on this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/31723057-when-exporting-an-image-using-artboard-with-a-si).

The workaround is to rename the file name while exporting a specific artboard.

However, If you do not like this change, you may upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45508540-name-artboard-is-not-added-to-the-file-name-when-e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a prefs reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a preference reset and I am still having the same issue. Thank you for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For File >> Export As >> jpg pr tif >> (check Use artboards), you need more than one page.

I suspect you only have one page document. Throw in a dummy page and delete the export. Changing page range to page 1 alone wont work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this change with an update? I have been saving them one artboard at a time before and haven't had this issue. My artboards are set up at different sizes and I export them as different file types (i.e. one artboard is a product label exported as a .tiff, and another is a tech sheet exported as a .jpg) so I sometimes need to use the range function to save only one artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @fiestiereel1027,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to inform you this is an intended change in the latest version of Illustrator to accommodate the request on this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/31723057-wh...).

The workaround is to rename the file name while exporting a specific artboard.

However, If you do not like this change, you may upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45508540-name-a...) and add your comment here.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines