• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting large ai file into psd (URGENT NEED SOME HELP PLS)

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi , 

I am trying to import an AI file into AE , to start animate it , but it was too big for AE , so it crash multiple time . as a solution i m hoping AI export into PSD , can lower the size and i can be able to work on AE. But when i try exporting Ai file that i had released all the layer and done rename , the PSD file will only show a few layer that was on top layer in Ai and the rest will be just in one layer . 

In desparate need of help from anyone from Adobe 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is working in Illustrator, then I would recommend exporting the content that you want to import into AE from within Illustrator.

Select the artwork that you want to export and set the format and scale when you export. Here's more information:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the PSD file will only show a few layer that was on top layer in Ai and the rest will be just in one layer . 

By @Vincent2768206356sa

This points to transparency being used in the file and that also might explain why there are issues in After Effects.

Can you please tell us your hardware specifications?

And also what's in the file? Which features did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you split the .ai file into separate files containing a single layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your art or knowing what you plan to do wtih this, is difficult to properly advise. If you do not need to animate a path/mask or zoom in to an extreme amount then file >> export >>psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Vincent2768206356sa,

Thanks for reaching out. I would recommend resizing the Illustrator artboard size & its content to fit according to the After Effects composition size (4k, 1080p, or 720p). If there are Multiple artboards, save them as separate Ai files.

Anshul_Saini_0-1674237591135.png

Also, ensure to keep layers separate/ ungrouped so you have the flexibility to edit or animate them in After Effects.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines