I normally create an illustrator document within a job folder. When finished I export as a low res jpeg file within the same folder.
I've just updated Illustrator and now when I go to export it automatically gores to the last folder I exported to rather than the current one I'm using.
Although it's not massively time consuming it is a little inconvenient when I'm doing a load of small jobs.
Is there a setting I need to sort for this?
Thanks in advance.
i have had this happen to me too, with illustrator and indesign. i notice this happening when working of the server of if i have a lot of jobs open at the same time. Glitch?
I package my indesign or illustrator file as soon as i can, after that i notice i remembers its path better versus manually making a folder to live in.
That has been my experience with this little glitch sometimes.
Same here. It's very annoying when you're exporting hundreds of files in different folder locations. Hopefully someone has a solution for this issue.
Same problem here! Very annoying when you have hundreds of folders and sub-folders and you have to search on all of them to save the file.
Please someone fix this issue ASAP!
I've noted this and was able to replicate at our end. Will be checking if this is as per design or a miss and will update accordingly asap.
Please refer to this UserVoice post about it: Export JPG/PNG(any format) in same folder of AI file (like before) – Adobe Illustrator Feedback
Please add your votes to the UserVoice link above.
We had changed the behavior based on user feedback that the last exported location is being reset on file open. The complaint looked valid hence we changed the behavior to ensure last exported location is always sticky.
This, however, has disturbed workflows of users who had adapted to the earlier limitation. We are looking to solve this by making export location stick with every file. Here is an illustrative example of what will happen once this is fixed.
1. Open file A – when you click on export since this is the first time export is attempted it will open the folder from which the file was opened. Now change the folder for export and export as you would normally do.
2. Open file B – when you click on export since this is the first time export is attempted it will open the folder from which the file was opened. Now change the folder for export and export as you would normally do.
3. Now if you come back to File A and export again it will show you folder chosen for File A and not File B. as we would make last export folder stick for each file.
Post your comments on this thread or please join our prerelease and engage with us. Link to join pre-release: http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI
I still see the behavior of the export file changing in every file when I change it in one (March, 2019 version). This is contrary to your explanation. What I would like is:
1. Once I set the file export location for File A, every time I open File A it has the same output folder.
2. When I set the export location for File B, every time I open File B, it has the File B export location.
3. As a bonus, I would really really like it if the export file location could be different for different file types (PNG, PDF, specifically), since I use the files for printing and for web display and they have different export locations.
4. But options 1 and 2 are the really important ones...
2. That's it really
I am having this issue as well now. When I open a file and export a document, it goes to my last saved location, not the location of the file. Please can someone help?
Hello, any solution yet?