• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting transparent images from Procreate and in Illustrator it shows up with a background

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am extremely frustrated, i have been trying to upload my artwork from Procreate with a transparent background to Illustrator. I have unchecked the bakcground layer and done everthing I could think of and no matter if it is a .pdf, .png. jpeg, etc. it ALWAYS shows up with a background. this is for an adverstisement and I have no idea why it is doing this and I really don't have time to pen tool around the objects at this point, i really don't have time to troubleshoot and wrestle with adobe and it's constant barrage of issues any longer. PLEASE HELP! I really don't understand why this is happening when i have done everything to make sure the background of my procreate illustrations is transparent.

the illustration is a bottle of tequila for an advertisement so it is extremely important that the backgraound stays transparent but now the liquid in the image doesn't look right because i suddenly have this white background that won't separate or import as transpartent, even as a .tiff file. PLEASE HELP! I really don't know what to do and I am absolutely desperate, i have been trying to figure this out for over 2 days now HELP!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please any help from anyone who uses procreate to create line art and images, ilustrations and moves these to illustrator please I really need help! This is due and I have tried everything please please please help me!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have/use Procreate, but as far I understand this is not a vectorbased system but reslult wil be pixels based. So best you can do is work on those files in Photoshop. Or you can link the images in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ask this also in the Procreate forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Procreate you have to turn off the background layer before exporting the PNG. Or why don't you export a PSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines