Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra bit appears when joining objects

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Really hoping someone can help because this is driving me up the wall. 

Whenever i join these 2 objects an extra little bit appears that is not part of the shape.

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 09.49.40.pngScreenshot 2022-08-09 at 09.49.53.png

It doesn't matter if I use shape builder or pathfinder, I get the same result. I have also gone through path>join to make sure they are complete shapes. I can't erase it either because its not part of the shape.

I have restarted Illustrator completely, updated it and tried copy and pasting the objects into a new document and it still happens. 

Please help me.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Please try pressing cmd/ctrl+E or go to View menu > View using CPU and see if that makes the shapes appear correctly. There seems to be a game of Leapfrog that goes on as Adobe Illustrator, operating systems, and graphics cards try to improve yet manage to leave each other behind. Or something like that.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Hi @H.Mac,

We are sorry for the trouble. This is expected behaviour on the CPU view. The CPU view shows correct output, whereas the GPU view is used for performance and real-time drawing, which can sometimes show incorrect output on a higher zoom level. You can quickly switch between GPU & CPU view using the ctrl/cmd + e shortcut. You will not see this abnormality in the exported file or while printing if it is showing up correctly in the CPU view.

I hope that clarifies!

Regards,

Anshul Sa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try pressing cmd/ctrl+E or go to View menu > View using CPU and see if that makes the shapes appear correctly. There seems to be a game of Leapfrog that goes on as Adobe Illustrator, operating systems, and graphics cards try to improve yet manage to leave each other behind. Or something like that.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that did fix it however then the whole document becomes slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @H.Mac,

We are sorry for the trouble. This is expected behaviour on the CPU view. The CPU view shows correct output, whereas the GPU view is used for performance and real-time drawing, which can sometimes show incorrect output on a higher zoom level. You can quickly switch between GPU & CPU view using the ctrl/cmd + e shortcut. You will not see this abnormality in the exported file or while printing if it is showing up correctly in the CPU view.

I hope that clarifies!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines