• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra outlines when exporting as DXF and SVG??

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this happening? I'm trying to import the DXF into CAD software and it's not working well because of these extra outlines. I see none of these lines within my drawing. I viewed the drawing in outline mode and nothing. I had drawn the image using the curvature tool with fill set to transparent and set the width to 0.96mm. I overlapped all of the strokes and when done I expanded all of them and then hit divide in pathfinders. I deleted the overlapped bits I didnt want and when done I hit trim and then merge in pathfinders. It looks fine, but when I export, as DXF or SVG, im getting all of these extra outlines that are super close to the the actual outline? I dont know what's going on. It's seems like it would be such as simple thing im trying to do.

I did a simple test with one stroke over the other, then expanded, divided, deleted a portion, then trimmed, and merged and it worked fine. I dont know why it's doing it with one but not the other. 

I attached 4 images: Two are of AI in outline mode and the other two are a close up of an SVG and a DXF.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug/ issue where lines are duplicated on export. Consider installing a previous version of AI as a workaround.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what previous version id need to install to not experience this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @CVRIV,

Sorry for the trouble & delayed response. Would you mind installing Illustrator v26.1 and seeing if that helps? Also, would you mind confirming which version of Ai you are currently using?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines