Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extrude and bevel defaults

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just wanted to know if there is any option to change the extrude and bevel default settings..
defaults are depth 50pt I want it to be 20pt as default setting and bevel to be turned on as default.

Thanks in advance for the replies..

Shreyas23167926igl2_0-1646121450228.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Finally found the solution, The copy command will always will be in memory and the document with object and style which i created should be open all the time,
I just need to start the action with paste>clear>select all(this comand selects my png file)> apply graphic style>export as png undo the above steps > close. This is the batching procedure... Thanks a lot guys..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create an object with these settings and save it as an Graphic Style.

Apply the Graphic Style with the Alt key to add it to the existing style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response,

I did as above and saved it as a new style, next when i try to batch multiple files that style does not get applied eventhough that style shows up in actions.. Any solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Style also show up in the Graphic Styles panel?

Styles are document/preset dependend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem, No it does not show in the graphic style panel, but the style is available in graphic library,
At the time of batch whenever a document opens, its gone from graphic style panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set up a graphic style in whatever document preset you are using instead of using a library.

Are these preexisting documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes these are pre existing documents. I think, I will have to replace the default graphics style with my style somwhere in the preferences folder.. Any idea how to change the default style ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that for new documents by editing the document profile, but not for existing ones.

This process would need some way of getting the graphic style in -- I'm not sure if that's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get the style in:

Create a document with an object and that style and save it on the desktop.

Create an action that opens that document, copies the object and closes that document.

Paste the object into the document you want to have the style and delete the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, But i wont be able to batch in this case i guess.
Let me be clear i have around 2000+ png files, i need to batch all these files with the graphic style i created and save it another folder as png. 
In the above case when I

"Create a document with an object and that style and save it on the desktop.
Create an action that opens that document, copies the object and closes that document.

Paste the object into the document you want to have the style and delete the object"
But how will the batch open the document i created and the files in folders everytime ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally found the solution, The copy command will always will be in memory and the document with object and style which i created should be open all the time,
I just need to start the action with paste>clear>select all(this comand selects my png file)> apply graphic style>export as png undo the above steps > close. This is the batching procedure... Thanks a lot guys..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear you've got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines