Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper Glitchy

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang.

I've had this same recurring problem since way back in the Illustrator V10 days! It's clearly a bug and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed!

My eyedropper works sometimes, then it doesn't. Here is a classic example: I am trying to colour the text the same colour as the yellow graphic. So I select the text and use the eye drop tool and you can clearly see that the yellow colour shows up on my colour-picker but not on the text I'm trying to colour.

My settings are all correct (see grab)

At times, a workaround is for me to deselect the eye dropper preferences boxes and then try - it usually works, but sometimes it doesn't (like now).

Thoughts?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed yet? It's driving me nuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you state exactly what you're doing step by step, and what isn't working?

Can you add screenshots of the relevant objects selected with the appearance panel and layer structure visible?

Can you share your eyedropper options?

I don't know why the OP's eyedropper wasn't working in this instance because no one followed up, and I don't know that your situation is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines