• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Family tree design in Illustrator. Advice on brushes?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

maybe one of you can give me some guidance. I am new to using Adobe Illustrator.

Currently I try to create a nice family tree. Now my great uncle has already started here using these shapes/brush strokes.

I've already experimented with different brushes but it doesn't come out the same.

Do any of you have any ideas on how to best touch up and adjust these branches without having any artistic skills?

With kind regards

Unbenannt.PNG

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Create a few variations on art brushes that look like this:

Screenshot 2022-02-04 094245.png

I made these by drawing approximate outlines of your great uncle's brush shapes and running the eraser tool through them. Some have white backgrounds, some don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find this tutorial helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO6DWK23CmA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a few variations on art brushes that look like this:

Screenshot 2022-02-04 094245.png

I made these by drawing approximate outlines of your great uncle's brush shapes and running the eraser tool through them. Some have white backgrounds, some don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh thank you so much that's a fantastic idea! (I would not have thought of the eraser at all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines