• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find More Fonts "Activating Adobe Fonts" Bugs 2021 and 2022

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Find More Fonts" Via the Character Window then Selecting 'Fonts' > 'Find More' Just doesn't work properly. I was hoping they would have fixed this in Illustrator 2022  but it's apparently the same thing as in 2021. (Both are fully updated)

Please Note Illustrator 2019 (23.1.1) Does not have this bug!

Issues To Report:

1.) Half the fonts when you start scrolling through them, never preview (Screen Shot Below). It just shows the font name. It's like they are lazy-loading, but the que is so far behing that you can wait for over a minute and nothing ever happens. 

2.) This is the real issue I have. If you scroll to the bottom of the list, or even type in say (t) in order to get to the fonts that start with T, which is at the bottom of Adobes list. Up comes the beachball of death, which always results in Illustrator freezing and having to be forse quit or crashing. I can produce this error everytime on any version of Illustrator.  Even with an empty doccument open after a fresh restart.

• I'm properly logged into Creative Suite

• Turing Off "Enable in-menu font preview will prevent the crash, but I don't have all 1000+ fonts memorized so not seeing a preview makes it pretty much impossible to select a font.

I'm running macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 on an iMac 27-2019

Processor: 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I just want Adobe to apply an update at somepoint to give this process more memory or simply reinvent this whole tool on how to add adobe fonts as it's pretty poorly made.  Please just fix this Big. It's been going on now for over 2 years at this point.

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 10.58.00 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there have been some reports on the Illustrator Uservoice page (where the Illustrator team looks for reported bugs and feature requests) specifically about issues with the font preview. However, the team didn't seem to be able to reproduce the issues, and the OPs didn't respond to their requests for more information. I'd recommend posting your issue there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there an entirely separate website (and login) for posting bugs? Wouldn't that make more sense to have a Bug Tag or Category here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would certainly make sense. The Photoshop forum added this recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines