Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Flickering cursor in illustrator

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to fix this issue; when I open illustrator, my cursor starts flickering and I can't click any options or can't go to preferences... I experience this problem also in photoshop, but only when it has problems exporting a file. Here is a link to a youtube upload of a screenrecording i just made, maybe it helps visualising the problem: https://youtu.be/A1E3JkHBgyw 

Uploaded by Jorre Gielen on 2021-05-05.
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Hi,

So, apparently I just solved the problem... I just uninstalled illustrator from my E: disc (storage disc) and reinstalled it on my C: disc (system disc). Now the problem is solved, but can someone explain to me why there are problems of I install it on my storage disc's? I would rather install it on my storage disc to safe space on de system disc. I work on windows, if this helps.

Thanks in advance,

Jorre

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Please press CRTL+E (toggling GPU/CPU preview) and let us know if that helps resolving this issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For me it does not work... i also uninstalled the program and reinstalled it as an older version but the problem remains. at the moment I'm trying to do my work in photoshop but it is really frustrating because I need illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So, apparently I just solved the problem... I just uninstalled illustrator from my E: disc (storage disc) and reinstalled it on my C: disc (system disc). Now the problem is solved, but can someone explain to me why there are problems of I install it on my storage disc's? I would rather install it on my storage disc to safe space on de system disc. I work on windows, if this helps.

Thanks in advance,

Jorre

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This does resolve it as it arises on occasion. It would be nice to see Adobe actually fix the cause however as this shouldn't be necessary.

regards,

Jacob

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I habe the same problem:

If there is one document open in psd, the cursor flickers in different other programs – it changes its form from the tool to the normal MAC cursor very quickly. This problem occurs ind indd, illustrator, safari, mail eg. when i close all doks in psd the problem is gone. BUT: I´m workin parallel with all programs, interactive, so i cant always close documents to erase this problem.

Please Adobe fix this problem – in my opinion the problem is bases partially to the tool settings in PSD!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9, Catalina, Adobe CC latest, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My cursor will not maintain rotation symbol or any other when hovering near anchor points. i.e. when I go to rotate a line, the cursor flickers from the pointer to the rotation symbol, making it difficult to see what I will grab once I click.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines