• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flower of life pattern based on hexagonal grid

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , i am creating flower of life pattern based on hexagonal grid. It needs to be precise  but there are certain problems.

I created 60 degree angles 2 grids, then created vertical lines grid. 

115 px is a radius of my circles which equals to 230 px of hight of width. When I draw a circle 230 px from the centre of the hexagon it does not touch the corners of the hexagon, please check pictures below. 

So when I try to create pattern I struggle to align all circles to centres and it creates gaps, and imperfections. This means that if I will try to cut the pattern I will be left with a lot of bits. Please help me to solve thisScreenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.45.54.png mistery...Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 17.26.06.pngScreenshot 2024-01-05 at 17.32.34.pngScreenshot 2024-01-05 at 17.33.04.pngScreenshot 2024-01-05 at 17.41.28.pngScreenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.00.51.pngScreenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.42.00.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Snap to grid or snap to pixels turned on?

I'm not sure why you draw the grid. Because if you have the size of the circle and only one hexagon, then you can just duplicate that circle and transform again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bezier circles are not perfect and you will never get a perfect result by transforming the hexagon and the circle together.

In this example, viewed in CPU Outline view and enlarged 64000% there are only 2 places where the circle and polygon touch.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 00.30.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has some rounding errors. As Ton said, the shapes are not perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daryam,

How about a circle with 6 Anchor Points, see the free Circle script by 佐藤浩之 (Satō Hiroyuki) here?

https://shanfan.github.io/Illustrator-Scripts-Archive/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does it, Jacob! I used the circle script , substrated the polygon to get a single half leaf.

Mirrored the leaf and used Transform effects to create the pattern.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/9ab07997-d9b1-4c91-5bb5-5bbb59751b93

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly use that way to get full accuracy, Ton.

I have been trying to find a thread where I made a suggestion to make a number of concentric circles with evenly spaced circular dots using Dashed Line, based on adaptation to the inherent inaccuracy of Bezier circles.

Unfortunately in vain; it seems to have been among the countless threads that were deleted i 2019.

I believe Kurt remembers it too: he demonstrated it most beautifully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't remember the concentric circles thread, Jacob, but I have seen previous discussions about inaccurate circles.

p.s. It is still not here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines