• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font reverts

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble saving this file as the type reverts back to its original position

Can anyone please

20221209_162423.jpg

help?

(apologies for content)

20221209_162216.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

How was this file created

1. from a new file blank page
  2. opening an old file and editing?

The type engine has changed so you shdol do a save as and save to the newest version to avoid this usually.

This also could be a font issue. Maybe you are for example have an old type 1 version of the Heinz font or a free illegal corrupt version of a font from Da Font or similar. You can probably just use Friz Quadrata Condensed, and no one will notice. Heinz used to be one of my accounts and if I remember

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator is it?

If it's the current version 27.1, then please try and reset the preferences (which will erase all your settings. You might want to rename the preferences folder, as that can be undone)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It's version 3.0 on IPad Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. It doesn't do that for me. Can you try and create  a new file and test that again? What kind of path is it? a full circle, or just an open path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dose this happens only with this file? Can you test with the new file where you have only one text layer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but here's my layers as they stand ...3E698EF1-BE89-448C-A9DE-CBE6DAF16C68.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How was this file created

1. from a new file blank page
  2. opening an old file and editing?

The type engine has changed so you shdol do a save as and save to the newest version to avoid this usually.

This also could be a font issue. Maybe you are for example have an old type 1 version of the Heinz font or a free illegal corrupt version of a font from Da Font or similar. You can probably just use Friz Quadrata Condensed, and no one will notice. Heinz used to be one of my accounts and if I remember the N & Z were modified at the bottom of the letters from Friz.

You also could outline the font and save an outlined extra version, that saves correctly. Always keep an editable type version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try: insert type cursor before C and add spaces (option+space) until CHARLIE is centered. You may change the size of the spaces to make detailed adjustments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines