Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts no longer supported in illustrator 20222

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

when i open a work i've made earlier (2021, 2020, ...) some text is completely gone.

Adobe has previously issued notifications regarding older fonts that would no longer be supported from January 2023. Is there a possibility to continue using these 'older' fonts?
Very annoying if this happens to all documents of a customer where the house style is based on such a font ... .

Should I install an Open Type version of the font to fix this? But the same thing happens with the Open Type version of Myriad Pro; all text disappeared from my document. This is awful, Adobe!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Third party plugins , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe it or not... this morning I open the file and ALL THE FONTS ARE THERE!!
No settings changed or anything. Very happy but what is/was going on?? And when will it happen again?

A simple adjustment to a simple document took me 2 days ... WHY?

Thanks for all your support and help. I really appreciate it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have certain other applications running when the fonts wouldn't load in Adobe Illustrator?

I'm asking this question because I have observed a font-related behavior problem when using Adobe Illustrator in conjunction with CorelDRAW. The CorelDRAW application has a number of its own odd font-related issues and bugs that affect some type families, but not others. If I have both CorelDRAW and Illustrator running at the same time certain weights/styles of some type families will disappear from the font menu in Adobe Illustrator. If I shut down CorelDRAW and re-launch Adobe Illustrator all of the font styles/weights in affected type families will be restored. CorelDRAW has a Font Manager application that installs with the application. It has some Jekyll and Hyde qualities to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is why we have laws agains monopolies.
This is why the EU forced Apple to bring back their old chargers.
They did it because they can. Corporations dgaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not a monopoly. Nearly all the applications they make have competing rivals. Adobe Illustrator has lots of competitors on Windows, MacOS and iPadOS platforms. There's CorelDRAW, Affinity Designer, Inkscape, Gravit Designer, Vectornator (aka Linearity Curve), Autodesk Graphic and lots of other upstarts.

Adobe Illustrator does have some unique features and effects its rivals either don't have or can't duplicate faithfully. Most corporate branding work is done using Illustrator. Depending on the artwork it can be difficult to accurately open/import Illustrator-generated files into applications like CorelDRAW or Affinity Designer without artwork elements breaking in some manner. The same thing can happen going the other direction, such as importing Corel-generated artwork into Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Drifthouse  schrieb:

Yeah this is why we have laws agains monopolies.
This is why the EU forced Apple to bring back their old chargers.
They did it because they can. Corporations dgaf

You can continue using an Illustrator version that still suports PostScript fonts.

But then you cannot update your system.

And probably the EU can not or will not force Apple to bring back EPS support. They didn't bring back the chargers anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines