• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

【Freezing】and Zooming Lag Issues in Latest Adobe Illustrator Update

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recent experience with Adobe Illustrator's latest update, which has been causing 【freezing issues】 in my application. Regardless of the file size, the application freezes after a few minutes, and sometimes I have to force close and restart the app.

This issue did not occur before the update, and my PC meets the system requirements to run Illustrator smoothly. I have a Windows 10 operating system with a 3080 GPU and i9 9900 CPU with over 16GB of RAM. All drivers are up to date, and all files were fine before the app update. As a result, I had to roll back to a previous version of Illustrator to complete my work.

Moreover, from time to time, when I relaunch Illustrator, an error message pops up, saying something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Startup Scripts CC\Adobe Photoshop\photoshop.jsx has an I/O Error. Could this be the problem causing the freezing issues in Illustrator?

Another issue I have encountered with the latest version of Illustrator is a noticeable lag when zooming in on the canvas. It takes 2-3 times longer to load in the canvas around when multiple canvases are set up. Once the zooming lag is over, it becomes much smoother to pan around the view than before, which is quite odd. I was wondering if there is a new way to render the canvas now, causing this issue?

I have tried resetting my Illustrator preferences, updating my graphics card driver to the latest version, and adjusting the display performance settings based on my system's specifications, but the issue persists. If anyone in the community has any solutions or recommendations for resolving these issues, please let me know. I would also appreciate any insights into the cause of these issues.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jack Xu Design,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to perform a clean reinstall of the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA) and setting the Graphics preference to High-Performance for Illustrator and checking if it helps? 

Also, try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this was a graphic performace issue, illusrtator would not be the only program displaying these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Ana24773125p14n,

Sorry to hear that the suggestions shared above did not help. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, system config (CPU/GPU/Memory), details of your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3vUhbvM), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines