• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating QR code in Illustrator

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has Adobe not seen it fit to include a QR code generator in Illustrator? Currently, getting QR code "images" into Illustrator is a pain in the a##. Adobe please wake up.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

On the mac there is a small app available which you just run, paste in your url and it opens a vector QR code in Illustrator (CC too), ready for anything.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1622533

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the mac there is a small app available which you just run, paste in your url and it opens a vector QR code in Illustrator (CC too), ready for anything.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1622533

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be you can refer to a professional barcode site for the corresponding qr code generator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need some professional tool, you can choose this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe you can use google for qr code

instagram takipci satın alma

-

twitter takipci satın alma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this web app to make QR-Codes, which you also can download as a vector file (for the vector file you have to be logged in).

It's the best QR-Code generator I know.

Link: QR Code Generator - Free to Generate Custom QR Codes

------

RandomDomain.ch (randomdomainch) | Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do wonder why there is not a generator included in Illustrator, something to do with intended/expected use maybe.

You can quite easily generate a QR code in inDesign and then either copy/paste or drag/drop the matrix image into Illustrator from there, obviously this is a better workflow if you regularly use inDesign but the option is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the Creative Cloud account and Illustrator 2014 CC and a Mac, I'd recommend this one. You can get it off the Adobe Add-Ons.

QR Code Maker

https://creative.adobe.com/addons/products/107#.VErIKGTF_MS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out QR Code Pro by Scanova. Its available for Creative cloud users currently for versions CC and CC 2014. Although its not free but they provide a free trial for 30 days.

https://creative.adobe.com/addons/products/5352

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo, sticking to the Adobe suite for QR codes goes a little something like this:

1. Start up InDesign.

2. Make some lame layout like a blank letter page.

3. place a content box on the page.

4. Access the menu along the top and select "Object>Generate QR Code...".

5. It will generate your QR Code inside the content box.

6. Click once on the center of the content box in order to select content, not the container itself.

7. press "cmd/ctrl + c" to copy content.

8. Start up Illustrator.

9. open target document.

10. Press "cmd/ctrl + v" to place QR Code. Adobe's generated codes are already vectored. You can you the pathfinder to reduce the number of objects placed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

It would be nice if Adobe Illustrator had its own QR Code generator (as well as a barcode generator and validating tool for both QR codes and barcodes). One of Adobe's rivals, CorelDRAW X7 has a QR Code and barcode generating capability. I've used the QR Code generator in InDesign; it works alright, but doesn't have nearly as many features as the one in CorelDRAW X7.

If Adobe Illustrator is going to incorporate a QR Code generator I'd like to see one with more custom options, such as true incorporation of logos or images in part of the code. Most QR Code generators will make the code with a certain amount of error correction. That can allow you to place a simple icon (or true logo) in the middle of it at a small size and still leave enough valid code visible for it to work. But it seems like a kludge to simply flop artwork directly over bits of QR Code data. Why not make a QR Code generator that makes bits of code flow around the icon in the center? That would be a lot more cool and useful. I don't think any of the other QR Code generating tools out there can do that. So it would be an opportunity for Adobe to one-up the competition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you need universal QR code generator for Illustrator you can use a special script that generates qr code with Symbols and Layers
as you can see in this picture.

main.png

Also max 30% of the QR Code space can be occupied by your logo or picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must download "Free Illustrator script - Qr code" , it's free and very simple to install!

here's the download's link: 

Free Illustrator script - QR code - Freebies - Vectorboom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread while searching for something else. Thought I'd leave an updated solution - InDesign makes QR Codes. You can add them to your library from Indesign, and / or copy paste to Illustrator / Photoshop etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I´ve been using Indesing QR generator, it works great even with variable data (data merge tool).  Let me know ifyou need an example.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 21.11.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would LOVE to know how to do this. I have about 500 pages I need to make with a different QR code for each one. If there's a way to do this programmatically I'd love it. I use Illustrator currently, but if I can generate that file in the proper spot on the page in Indesign I'm happy to switch.

Thanks!

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello paniaguawebb, could you please provide an example? I am looking to create a QR code that can dynamically point to Google Play or Apple App Stores. There are pay tools that can do this. I wonder if I can also do it with any Adobe software.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pingf21632021 and  james2039 here is a quick guide. (also in PDF).  Let me know if it helps.

DataMergeGuide_01.jpg

DataMergeGuide_02.jpg

DataMergeGuide_03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, paniaguawebb! The guide is very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you also have InDesign, this feature is built-in! You can then copy/paste into Illustrator.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these QR codes with expiration date or works without limitations of time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The QR codes you can generate on that page can be downloaded as regular JPEG, PNG or SVG images. They'll work as long as the link in the QR code is valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines