• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Error "Illustrator.exe - Entry Point Not Found" while opening Illustrator 2021 on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

Could you please help me with the error occurred today with my Illustrator? When I open Illustrator the error window appears and it says:

"Illustrator.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point SetThreadDescription could not be located in the dynamic link library:

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 2021/Support Files/Contents/Windows/AIACPL.dll."

It happened right after the Illustrator updated today 😞

Thank you in advance.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Thank you for sharing the screenshots @michaelwigle@Candace5E71@RZhasan. I checked, and you all need to upgrade your Windows OS as Illustrator is not supported on the following versions:

After updating the Windows OS, perform the steps suggested on the CC Cleaner Tool help article, uninstall the Illustrator, and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant: Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand both of your situations. But I am afraid the current and some earlier versions of Illustrator (v25, v24, v23) are no longer supported on the 1607 version of Windows 10. Illustrator CC March 2018 (22.1) and earlier versions of Illustrator will run on the 1607 version of Windows 10. You may try the suggestion shared in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/install-older-version-of-illustrator/m-p...) on how to download an older version of Illustrator. I hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Content removed as per user's request>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Candace5E71,

Thank you for reaching out. I have sent you a DM. Please check.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everyone is having the same problem with aiacpl.dll  So just fix it, dont ask everyone to upgrade windows.

GET RID OF THE NEED FOR THAT DLL.

OR GOODBYE 

ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your local PC is running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB then that is an intentional configuration on the part of your IT department. I don't know your environment, but in mine a user can request an alternate local configuration and if it meets my security needs then I approve it. Your environment may be different but LTSB is a configuration issue, not a licensing issue. Here's an article that helps explain it - https://www.howtogeek.com/273824/windows-10-without-the-cruft-windows-10-ltsb-explained/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very simple answer and not a solution to the problem -(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the only solution is to upgrade the OS to one of the supported versions of Windows 10 or Windows Server 2019. That's the down side to software vendors keeping their code clean. They have to stop supporting "older" versions of Windows OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s how I solved the issue. Upgrades the OS

Mark Christian Shaw
IMAGEWORX
0414 591958

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

We also have the same issue since updating Illustrator to 25.4.1. (Windows Server 2016 build 1608)

As I can see in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html) Windows Server 2016 1607 is still supported!

Operating System

Windows 10 (64-bit) versions V1809, V1903, V1909, and V2004.

Windows Server versions V1607 (2017) and V1809 (2019).

Note: Not supported on Windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709 and 1803.

We just run a minor update from 25.3.1 to 25.4.1

Not sure which version is covered in the link above (June 2021 relase) but I guess its the 25.4.1, right?

Best, Flo17:06 06.10.2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those system requirements are for the June 2021 release (Version 25.3). Their site doesn't appear to have been updated with the August/September release (Version 25.4). That seems to be the release that stopped support for Server 2016 (Build 1607). This is according to the Adobe support tech who has responded in this thread. It's a little easier to see all of this information at https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines