• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Kuler Panel to work in Illustrator CC?

Guide ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator CC (MacOS), the panel is blank, except for this:

"The Kuler panel enables you to download color themes saved in your Kuler account. A valid Adobe ID is required to use this feature."  And all the panel options are grayed out.

There doesn't seem to be any way to let Illustrator know that I (obviously) have a valid Adobe ID, and constant internet access -- hence being able to run CC apps, for instance.

When I go to kuler.adobe.com/, it knows who I am (via my Adobe ID), and I remain signed in there.

So what's the secret to connecting Kuler with Illustrator CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Are you signed into Creative Cloud in Illustrator? From the main menu >  Help, is your Adobe ID showing in the menu? It would read: Sign Out (yourAdobeID@xxx.com)?

If not, you can sign into Crative CLoud there.

Can you access other Creative Cloud servies, such as Sync Settings?

--Terry H.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the Kuler syncing issues on both my machines, at work and at home (running the same licence)!

You know what the odd thing is all the logging out/logging back in stuff worked on my machine at work but can I replicate the same outcome at home, NO! Very strange and very annoying!

Adobe can you please come up with a solution to this as what is the point of having/offering a service that clearly doesn't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding another voice to this discussion, I too have logged out and back in again, with no Kuler syncing. Totally UnKul.

EDIT: Ok, my bad. Missed a step, didn't quit out of illustrator, having done this, have got Kuler. Totally Kul now (agree about the browing themes issue though, please fix Adobe).

Message was edited by: Andrew Cameron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No more searching of Kuler thems directly in the panel?!?!? Why even go through the trouble of including it then? Going to the "website" and having to save/create themes for them to appear is a HUGE step backwards. Really horrible idea, Adobe... Please fix! Kuler is a feature I actually used, but until it is fixed... Not so much. I personally would by far rather have access to Kuler via in-app panels than through a website. Just my vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ordeal is bogus. The sync button does not work. Anytime you want to re-sync you must follow the troubleshoot steps (sign out, relaunch illustrator, sign in again). This is a nightmare. The kuler panel should work properly, and sync across all applications. They shouldn't have introduced this perceived 'convenience' into my mind, because now I want it but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I just got off tech support live chat and now have Kuler working, had to delete my Illustrator preferences (same problem as everyone else where it complained I didn't have a valid ID).

VERY sad to see that searching for swatches has gone. Who's crazy idea was that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator Kuler panel works and displays "My Themes".  I guess if you want to search for swatches, you need to log into the Kuler web site and save the theme you want, then access it from the Kuler panel in Illustrator.

I just wish the Indesign CC 2014 Kuler panel showed "My Themes".  Hopefully this works in the next Indesign update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant "Browse". It was a very good feature, still available in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created many color themes on adobe color (formerly Kuler) and some of them show up - seems to be the ones that are 'public' - the one I need I just made public and it just won't sync - even though it says they are in sync. A number of others are there. It's pretty frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, logging in and out does nothing. Contacted support, which lead me on a wild goose hunt downloading apps so they could screen share and do the same thing I just did. Then they reset my entire illustrator, to no avail, then asked if they could boot my computer in safe mode and start messing around there. Not a chance.

This problem went from being a pebble in my shoe, to a large rock thanks to support, with no solution. Just wasted an hour of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator syncs only published, public themes. At least in my case. MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!
I don't want all of my saved themes to be public, especially if they are part of a Corporate Identity project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines