• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghost lines when exporting, from "Export As" or exporting assets

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I normally don't need to ask anything because I can generally find the answers but now I'm stuck... no matter how I try to export files from Illustrator that are seamless to Photoshop they always have ghost lines. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or what I'm doing wrong??

I'm exporting as PNG now but I have also tried exporting as PSD and they are still there, I tried exporting as SVG and they were worse. Keeping the transparent background is a necessity. 

I'm attaching a photo you can see at the bottom of the snowflake that there's a line from transparency that isn't in Illustrator. The file is completely seamless in Illustrator. My settings for export are set to 300ppi Art Optimized (Supersampling). 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

To me that totally looks like a pixel grid alignment issue when exported. AI is trying to snap to a pixel and extending your art.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I do not see your fine line.

What is the size of your file in pixels/points in Illustrator?

Do you export artboards? Are the upper left x/y coordinates round numbers?

Can you try 288 ppi (or a multiple of 72) instead of 300?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>600px square, I've been exporting assets, but yes when I've tried "export as" I use artboards, I've tried it using them and without. 

>>Yes the cordinates are round numbers. 

>>I just tried 288 with the same result. I put a white background behind it so maybe you can see it at the bottom where it should be solid it's not. On the blue background there was a dark line and this one it's lighter. The snowflake should go to the edges.

I've exprienced this with multiple patterns and they all do it so I know it's not the pattern itself, I do always by habit check the whole numbers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me that totally looks like a pixel grid alignment issue when exported. AI is trying to snap to a pixel and extending your art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying what you sent before now. I'm not really good at Illustrator which is the need to export to Photoshop. I didn't create the file someone else did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This document is definitely not "Pixel Perfect".

If you go to View>Snap to Pixel Grid, then select your objects and go to Object>Make Pixel Perfect this is the difference: Your original art is the gold and the green is the Pixel Perfect version.

You will have anti-aliasing/soft edges with the original when exporting to a raster format.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1669154597259.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the exported different (Jpg, 300 ppi)

Not pixel grid aligned:

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1669154759430.png

Pixel grid aligned:

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1669154809679.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!! Kevin you are a lifesaver!! Thank you sooooo much!! and btw Happy Thanksgiving 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy T-Day to you as well! 🦃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so should all 3 of those be selected?? Pixel, point and glyph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glyph applies to text.

Point applies when editing/creating paths to assits with snapping to each other.

Pixel is needed when exporting to a raster format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see anti aliasing at the bottom of the image, but it looks like the line is not perfectly straight.

Can you share the Illustrator file?

CC filesharing, Dropbox, Google, WeTransfer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using snap/align to pixel grid? If not, you may end up with soft edges on your vector art when it exports:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/pixel-perfect.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has snap to pixel, point and glyph selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines