• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitchy green plus sign icon when selecting and moving

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening for the last week or so, and it's getting worse. When holding down Shift and moving an object (single object or group doesn't matter) I get a the audio tone error "Boop-boop" and the this little icon pops up next to my cursor, and I can't move it but just a tiny bit, or it snaps back to it's original position. Turning on and off smart guides (command-U) solves it... for about 20 seconds, and then it happens again.
I've de-installed AI, preferences, and re-installed. Same thing. A screenshot doesn't capture the icon. Any one else experiencing this?
MacOS 11.6.4, latest version of Illy. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Hi All,

I am glad to inform you this issue has been fixed in our latest release Illustrator v26.5.

Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists after updating.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 100% for me too recently updating the software.

I completely understand, so you're not alone. I hope it's a glitch that will be removed since I can't move the selection exactly where I would like it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It got so bad Illustrator was nearly unusable. I had to uninstall again and knock it down a version. The problem went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll definitely do that too.

Thanks for tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chuckm1903077 @Adriana23624888zgxa,

Sorry for the trouble. Multiple users have reported this issue. We have logged a bug with the product team, and they have started investigating the issue. I would request you to share a few details like:

• Please confirm the OS you are using @Adriana23624888zgxa
  • Please confirm you are running Illustrator v26.1
  • Please confirm you are using Apple Magic Mouse
  • Is this issue replicable if you revert to an older version of Illustrator?

Also, I would request you to upvote the following UserVoice if not done already.
(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44914921-v26-1-...)

Please share this information. It would be really helpful for us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Big Sur 11.6.4, Illustrator 26.1, Magic Mouse. Problem goes away if I drop back to Illustrator 26.0.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem, on Monterey 12.2.1, using the Apple magic mouse,  Illustrator v26.1. Haven't reverted to the previous version yet, but I probably need to because this drives me crazy.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to go down a full version, just go back to the one from a couple weeks ago. I went back to 26.0.3 and the problem went away. I'm also using the Magic Mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same. Thought it was me the way i was holding the mouse.. Nightmare. Sort it out please Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. The product team is working hard on this, and the fix will be released with the next update.
The + sign icon while dragging the object in Illustrator only happens with the Apple Magic mouse.

I would request you all to upvote this UserVoice if not done already, and please be patient & stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may downgrade to Illustrator v26.0.3 until the fixed gets released. (This helped some users.)

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Any idea when the update will come? This is affecting workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go back to 26.0. It goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same. I'm about to lose it!! I thought it was user error, but I'm at least thankful to hear I'm not the only one. It is almost impossible to work in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chuckm1903077 @NAOMI16B8 @reachpeak @VincentOBrien @Renatas.Jurkša @Adriana23624888zgxa 

I am glad to inform you all that this issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini — I've just updated to Illustrator 26.4 and the problem is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @samdisk,

We are sorry to hear about this. Would you mind trying resetting Illustrator preferences? If that doesn't help, would you mind sharing a few details along like:

• The exact version of the OS
  • Do you see a green + sign icon while dragging the object in Illustrator?
  • Are you using the Apple Magic mouse?
  • Is this happening in a specific document or all?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Anshul_Saini,

I have reset preferences and the issue remains. As for your questions:

1. MacOS 12.3.1
  2. Yes I see a green plus icon
  3. Yes I'm using a Magic Mouse
  4. It is happening in all documents
  5. None that I can think of. It's a pretty new computer and doesn't have much installed other than Adobe and Dropbox. Illustrator was running fine until I updated. I have downgraded to the previous version and this bug isn't present.

Thanks,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has also happened to me also since the latest update 

1. MacOS 10.15.7

2. Yes when dragging an object on screen

3. yes i use a magic mouse

4. happening in all documents

5. only change made was the update of Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the problem is back.
Illustrator 26.4.1

Monterey 12.4
I do see a green dot with a plus icon. 
Yes I´m using a Magic Mouse.
It happens all the time with any document.
No recent changes.
It's an extremely annoying situation and it's preventing me from doing my job.
When will this situation be resolved once and for all? Otherwise you have to start refunding your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have been experiencing this issue for months now, called adobe 3 different times and no one knew what i was talking about when i explained the problem even after sharing my screen. its extremely frustrating and causes quite a disruption when trying to use the program. also prevents me from completing projects in a timely manner. I am re-requesting this update. this software is far too expensive to be having problems this consistently 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming that the problem is suddenly back with the latest version of Illustrator (26.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, back for me again aswell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back for me on 26.4 AND 26.4.1

1. macOS Monterey 12.

2. Yes when dragging an object on screen

3. yes i use a magic mouse

4. happening in all documents

5. only change made was the update of Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me too! Updated to the latest illustrator and the problem is back.

Anyone found a way to fix it? It's really frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is back for me too, just updated to 26.4.1. It's so, so annoying and incredibly slows down my workflow, oof.

HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines