Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Global edit problem with simple elements

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I was trying to select 30 simple vectors from a DXF file (from another software called Fusion 360) and did not suceed in using global edit tool. Even those elements appearing to be the same (PDF file attached).

Some of the elements get in the global edit but I put the ones that did not work together.

Please, let me know what is wrong and if there is a way to solve this.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 different objects according to the Document Info, but I do not see much difference.

Try Select > Same > Stroke Weight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use [Select > Same > Stroke Weight] BUT I have more vectors with same stroke weight and it would select unwanted objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a problem. Maybe go back to Fusion 360 and give them an attribute that are different than others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I tried it too. In theory they are the same elements but illustrator does not recognize them :c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what if you set up a specific attribute, like a pink fill? Then you can select them easily and later delete the fill when you no longer need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That work too! But I would have to select manually all the vectors to apply a pink fill anyway. This way global edit is just half efficient... But this is what I was going to do if nobody found a better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your issues might have been caused by the other app not working very precisely and/or the export formats requiring too much of altering of paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Global Edit sometimes doesn not work with objects created and duplicated in Illustrator. Slight irregularities throw it off.

Let alone with objects that went through an export and a file format change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way to make it work in adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines