• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Good execution of an automatic script, the recording is done, but the files remain the same

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I created an automatic script to apply a color gradient to svg files in the same folder, but once the automation is executed and I open my files which normally must have taken the new color, they are still like before.
I don't understand because there is no error when running my script, even if it's fast, I can see the color change well, the save is in the right place as well. Does anyone have an idea of ​​what can prevent the changes from being correctly saved?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour à tous,
J'ai créee un script automatique pour appliquer un dégradé de couleur à des fichiers svg d'un même dossier, mais une fois l'automatisme exécuté et que j'ouvre mes fichiers qui normalement doivent avoir pris la nouvelle couleur, ils sont toujours comme avant.
Je ne comprends pas car il n'y a aucune erreur lors de l'exécution de mon script, même si c'est rapide, je vois bien le changement de couleur, l'enregistrement se fait au bon endroit également. Est-ce que quelqu'un aurait une idée de ce qui peut empêcher que les changements soient correctement enregistrés ?
Merci d'avance de votre aide.

Virginy.

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Hi @pixxxelschubser and thank you for your answer.
I finally ended up finding what was wrong in my script, it was the action of selecting the element to modify: I was doing it with the selection tools and therefore it was not taken into account in my script. I noticed it because I redid my script by making the selection via the menu at the top : "Selection" then "All on the active workbench", and it works fine now, my color change is well applied.
Regards,
Virginy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @VB44 

That would be pure speculation, as we neither know your script and your folder hierarchy, nor do we have a sample file available. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pixxxelschubser and thank you for your answer.
I finally ended up finding what was wrong in my script, it was the action of selecting the element to modify: I was doing it with the selection tools and therefore it was not taken into account in my script. I noticed it because I redid my script by making the selection via the menu at the top : "Selection" then "All on the active workbench", and it works fine now, my color change is well applied.
Regards,
Virginy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VB44, just out of curiosity, is there a Scripts panel in the Window menu? (assuming you're using the French Install).

by your comments I'm almost positive you're referring to Actions, I was wondering if Actions translate to Scripts in the French version. Scripts are a totally separate thing in the English version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CarlosCanto ,
I don't understand the difference you mean, but i share some screen shots that may will help you see.. In fact in french we have script and action both in the same sentence... 🙂

VB44_0-1667807491331.png

VB44_1-1667807549283.png

Hope this will help.
Regards,
Virginy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Virginy, thanks for the screenshots.

In the English version Scripts d'actions are just Actions

ActionsMenu.jpg

Scripts are found in the File Menu

scriptsMenu.jpg

thanks, it's all clear now

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines