• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU bug when in Trim View

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to 26.5. When I move an object or text box around in 'Trim View' parts of the screen disapear on all of the pasteboards in the doc. I was having a similar GPU issues with InDesign. Is this an Intel v M1 issue? Or anything to do with having a second screen attached? 

Spec: 10-Core Intel Core i9,
3.6 GHz, 

Retina 5K (5120x2880)

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT

Any advice is appreciated as it's difficult to work when this is happening. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Is that issue fixed if you work with a previous Illustrator version? https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marlon. It wasn't happening on the previous version, only when I updated to 26.5.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marlon. Just to test, I reinstalled Illustrator 26.4.1. It's still happening 😞 Any idea why it's doing this?

Thanks, Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. You can try:

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @CazzaGee,

I hope the suggestions shared by Marliton helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try manually resetting Illustrator's preferences and let us know if it helps. Please follow the instructions below:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to the following locations:
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings.old
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:
Anshul_Saini_0-1643743865628.png

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will
launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

Also, try updating the macOS installed on your computer and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav,

I've tried all of the suggestions from both you and Marlon, (I even disconnected the second screen), still the problem persists. It seems I'm not the only one it's happening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgvkuftA_Sw

Thanks, Carol

Adobe Illustrator have problem with GPU acceleration with NVIDIA graphics cards. Some of part of screen disapeared when move object. On this website is placed MOVIE presents this issue. BUG tested on graphics card: - GTX 1660 - RTX 3060 TI - RTX 3080 TI - Laptop Dell Latitude 5420 with Intel Iris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this issue with Trim View in all versions of Illustrator with both Intel and M1. Just seems like a buggy feature generally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines