Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU performance freezes Illustrator 2022 on iMac M1

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since the latest update (26.0.2) Illustrator hangs whenever I try creating or opening any file on M1.

The issue seems to be around the GPU perfomance feature. I noticed if it's turned on, inmediately crashes.
Kinda bummed out since it was already working flawlessly before in the previous update.

Currently using an iMac M1 with MacOS Monterey 12.1.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I managed to get Illustrator working again by doing a fresh install using the cleanup tool. I know it's annoying to reinstall every time something suddenly breaks on every update but it works at least.

Now, can't say the same for After Effects. I'll have to wait for the next release on that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, now I'm working with the GPU performance disabled in the time I find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the sape problem with Illustrator 26.2.1.

Disaster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines