graphic styles as patterns

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to you make a pattern using graphic styles?  I've tried the ones given plus drew my own.  I get a message that anything painted can't be used in a pattern.  Is there a way around this?  Thanks Gina

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have a pattern tile, try Object > Expand before adding it to the Swatches panel as a pattern. You may need to expand ore than once.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also need to ungroup.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would almost need to see the work to know which way to go. Expanding (Expand Appearance if the art has complex appearance) artwork lets you make it a pattern. Images need to be embedded.
In some cases rethinking the design and making several patterns then combining them into a graphic style can be a solution.

Both graphic styles and patterns can repeat and transform objects for a pattern to be able to repeat an object there has to be a "static" answer to it's appearance. The dynamic/live nature of Graphic styles especially when using an effect that has randomness as one parameter is not repeatable without compromising the randomness. Think of Graphic styles as your "Swatches for Appearance Pannel"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines