• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gray Ghost Line

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create two filled,  one white, one black, with no outline, rectangles, and slightly offset them horizontally, with the white in front, there is a very light line showing where the black rectangle is overlapped. What is causing this? It also prints. Please see attached.Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 5.43.18 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does switching to CPU Preview make it go away (Cmd/Ctrl E)?

Selecting both rectangles and Pathfinder Divide may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. Switching CPU Preview mode makes one or more go away depending on zooming in or out. But they still show and print up if I export as a JPG and place into Word. This example is just how I replicated the problem. It showed up on a more complex illustration that had shapes in the back that had curved corners effect applied so Pathfinder won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the line when exporting to jpeg.

Try to rasterize the file before exporting to jpeg.

You can use the Rasterize effect, you can turn that off to keep it as editable vectors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>slightly offset them

Slightly? By how much? This looks like a big offset, but then again if this is VERY small then it could indeed be a slight offset. I'm just curious if this is an artifact of screen rendering - if you zoom in does it get bigger or stay the same size, if you zoom in really close, does it disappear?

How are you saving this file?

Are you printing it BEFORE you've saved it to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an exaggerated offset I used to replicate the problem, but it's there with any offset. I've replicated on both Mac and PC. I've saved in several different formats. It's there and it prints with all. I'm suspecting this an anomally or bug in Illiustrator but I'm going to keep researching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an anomally rather than a bug as we'd all be having it.

I assume you've reset prefs, quit Illy, shutdown computer, counted to ten?

When you reboot, see what happens if you create a brand new file - don't choose a preset or recent new file - and try to recreate the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replicated it on a Windows and Mac, so it's not the computer. Have you tried replicating it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been with Adobe Support for a while. Gave them control of my computer. This is a BUG. They are going to submit it to their team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try the Rasterize effect to export without the line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines